(D)OG, Yahoo Local and something I might come to regret

Simon Says

Apr 1, 2011
Medford
State / Prov
New Jersey
I've been trying to solve a problem of a (D)OG claiming to be my business here in south NJ @ Yahoo Local.

The (D)OG has used my trading name, minus the "& Gift Shop" and got a Yahoo Local map listing that is but 150 ft from my real location. The deception appears simple and almost anyone could fall for it, especially with the map marker so-called positioning.

Of course the listing has no visible 'phone number and a different website to mine. I have not come across this site/company before and not even certain which WS they would use. Has anyone seen them before and know which WS they use: http://www.njflorist.net/ ?

As far as the Yahoo Local problem is concerned, I have been pondering this and then thought earlier today that as they are pretending to be me, why don't I claim to be them? I went to the Yahoo Local edit function and was asked to enter the relevant ID and password for that business. I entered MY ID and MY password: that got me into the site information of Yahoo Local and allowed me to edit the existing and very limited data, inlcuding up-date the website address - we have 2 so I used the one not all ready in use on my own, fully legit., Yahoo Local listing. Ididn't have to change the 'phone number - the original person(s) that set up the account had used mine (!) but, oddly perhaps, that hadn't shown up on the Yahoo Local listing. I entered some other information pertinent specifically to my business. I submitted. Yahoo Local tell you by separate e-mail that they will look at the information et cetera over the next 3-5 days.

So what will happen? Have I been able to successfully get back at a (D)OG who has been trying hard to be me? If Yahoo question me, I can say, quite legitimately, that I used MY Yahoo ID and MY password to enter and that I was confused - I had, 15 minutes before, submitted up-dated information for my true account with Yahoo and thought, perhaps, that something was wrong and "re-submitted" it. Will Yahoo recognise what I have done and black-list me? Will it work? Not sure if I should feel pleased with myself or will I come to regret this?

Simon, my guess is that this is an affiliate site for Flora 2000 from Europe.

Here is the registration for njflorist.net

Registrant:
A Reputable Transportation Service LLC

17 livingston road
Morristown, New Jersey 07960
United States

Registered through: prices for domain names
Domain Name: NJFLORIST.NET
Created on: 24-Nov-09
Expires on: 24-Nov-11
Last Updated on: 30-Sep-10

Administrative Contact:
Ritter, Art [email protected]
17 livingston road
United States
(973) 615-6804

Technical Contact:
17 livingston road
United States
(973) 615-6804

Domain servers in listed order:
NS13.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
NS14.DOMAINCONTROL.COM

Simon, my guess is that this is an affiliate site for Flora 2000 from Europe.

Here is the registration for njflorist.net

Registrant:

17 livingston road
United States

Registered through: prices for domain names
Domain Name: NJFLORIST.NET
Created on: 24-Nov-09
Expires on: 24-Nov-11
Last Updated on: 30-Sep-10

Administrative Contact:
17 livingston road
United States
(973) 615-6804

Technical Contact:
17 livingston road
United States
(973) 615-6804

Domain servers in listed order:
NS13.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
NS14.DOMAINCONTROL.COM

Thank you Linda. It does appear to be Flora 2000. I'll see what happens but these companies simply shouldn't masquerade as someone else and I'll take back my patch (and reputation) as best as I can.

The photos include TF products but IIRC all Flora2000 orders in the us flow through FSI.
Yep, last we knew. But we also know FSI has very little coverage, could be using another, and I would bet on cloaked as company orders too.

The guy that owns the website lives in New Jersey. I would talk to your attorney, and at least send him a cease & desist.