Date on posts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flowers By Faith

Mar 11, 2008
Indian Trail
State / Prov
NC
I am not ever sure if I am looking at a new post or old post, there are no dates on the post when I log in and go to unread messages, this seems to change constantly, sometimes it will say 60 something "unread posts" and at other times 300 something "unread posts, I can not tell if it is 2009 or 2006?

Can you tell me if I just am not doing something to connect to todays latest post?

I don't think there is a date option for the whole post grouping of unread posts. When you click into a thread that's in progress, you can look at the date of that particular post, or previous posts in the same thread. It's just above the poster's name - your post above says "6 hours ago" and as they "age" you'll see 1 day ago, 3 days ago, then specific dates after a longer time.

When I see a new thread with a whole bunch of posts attached to it, I scroll to the first few to check out the date of the opening post.

I think Ryan recently locked a whole bunch of older threads, to keep old stuff from getting revisited as if it is in present tense.

If you only want today's posts, click on the "Quick Links" tab in the grey browser bar at the top of the page, and the top selection is "Today's Posts." When you're done reading, click on that quick links tab again, and hit "Mark Forums Read" and your new post counter will go back to zero, so when you log in next time it'll only have posts that are new from the previous visit.

hope that helps!

Reactions: elmo and Victoria
Hell Tracy, that helped me! ;)

Thanks!

V

Reactions: Tracy D'Amico
Hi Tracy, Thanks for the help.. I am going to try your suggestions, I'm not very good at this, but I will keep trying from time-to-time..when I feel brave, ha
Thanks again
Flo

I didn't check in for one day and had over 300 unread posts (and I'm here constantly throughout the days and nights, yep addicted)
If you have read all you are interested in, go to quick links and mark forum read, then the next time you come in there will be unread posts from the days you were away (or hours, or minutes)
Sometimes some of the "older" threads are resurrected but I think Ryan did take care of a bunch of them.
If you don't check here at least once/day, you can expect to see 100's of unread posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.