Not open for further replies.

theRKF

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2002
striderseo.com
State / Prov
DE
In a few minutes we will have to take FlowerChat offline for a security upgrade. We anticipate the downtime to be approximately one hour.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Ryan

Ryan, did the other page view options go away? I know you were saying the oldy style was phasing out .... I don't see some of the options that were available in the old style.

call me spoiled!
:)

Mee too - I like the classic silver skin but can't find it available.

Mee too - I like the classic silver skin but can't find it available.

Silver skin? We had a sliver skin?

Ryan, did the other page view options go away? I know you were saying the oldy style was phasing out .... I don't see some of the options that were available in the old style.

call me spoiled!

Yes, the extensive nature of the security update made maintaining the old styles too much work. I would have been at it another 1-2 days.

What is missing from the new skin that was available in the old?

Ryan

Silver skin? We had a sliver skin?

Yes, the extensive nature of the security update made maintaining the old styles too much work. I would have been at it another 1-2 days.

Ryan
I can't find "ignore thread" which had been mentioned earlier today by hangglidegirl ...
And why the heck did you hide the donation button in quicklinks? Put that baby front and center!

edit:FTR - the ignore button is now in the thread tools again.

Oooo, you're quick! That was NOT there 10 minutes ago! I guess that's why you're the Infinite Flowerchat One !
:yourock:

This "infinite one" had a lengthy post about the upgrade, removing the old styles, features coming and going as the templates were adjusted ... and changed didn't post it. Ooops.

Ryan

Ryan
Okay, here's one I forgot about :)
On THIS PAGE, in the oldy skin, you could double click the forum "buttons" and it would mark an individual forum read. In the new skin, you can't double click those balloons, and it seems the only way to mark a form read is, well, to read it! Or to mark all forums read ...

yeah, I'm that spoiled ;)

tracy

edit:I think you could even go into the forum, and double click on another thread button, and mark individual threads read, but I don't remember for sure.

Okay, here's one I forgot about :)
On THIS PAGE, in the oldy skin, you could double click the forum "buttons" and it would mark an individual forum read. In the new skin, you can't double click those balloons, and it seems the only way to mark a form read is, well, to read it! Or to mark all forums read ...

yeah, I'm that spoiled ;)

tracy

edit:I think you could even go into the forum, and double click on another thread button, and mark individual threads read, but I don't remember for sure.
Ah, heck ... even I didn't know about that one!

I'll see what I can do.

Ryan

Ok, your wish is my command.

Now, are you going to come to Floral Summit 2008 to thank me in person?

Ryan

Now, are you going to come to Floral Summit 2008 to thank me in person?
I would LOVE to. Unfortunately, we have one new girl (limited skills) and one pro, and ME. So right now time off is not an option - esp in May. Crazy busy month, irregardless of Mother's day. I am already having nightmares about May 31st - 4 weddings and onsite sales for a Dance recital.
Next time.

Any hope of a satellite feed for the long distance wanna-be's? :tongue

How about this:

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td valign="top">
<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td valign="top"> 1 Review the flight details </td></tr> <tr><td height="4">
</td></tr> <tr><td>
</td></tr> <tr><td> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr><td id="A5006_12718" colspan="5" bgcolor="#d4d9e8">
fltitin.gif
Sat 24-May-08 </td> </tr> <tr><td colspan="6" height="2">
</td></tr> <tr valign="top"> <td id="A5006_12719" style="width: 130px;"> Newark (EWR)
Depart 5:00 pm
Terminal A </td> <td style="width: 25px;"> to </td> <td id="A5006_12720" style="width: 130px;"> Montreal (YUL)
Arrive 6:35 pm </td> <td style="width: 115px;" nowrap="nowrap"><table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr> <td>330 mi
(531 km)
Duration: 1hr 35mn </td> <td>
</td></tr></tbody></table> </td> <td id="A5006_12715" style="width: 192px;"> AC
AC.gif

Flight: 7743
Operated by: AIR CANADA JAZZ </td> </tr> <tr><td colspan="6"><hr class="hrLite" size="1">
</td></tr> <tr><td class="small" style="width: 592px;" colspan="6"> 3Economy/Coach Class, Canadair RJ </td></tr> <tr><td height="6">
</td></tr> <tr><td colspan="6"><hr size="1">
</td></tr> <tr><td colspan="6" height="2">
</td></tr> <tr valign="top"> <td id="A5006_12719" style="width: 130px;"> Montreal (YUL)
Depart 8:00 pm </td> <td style="width: 25px;"> to </td> <td id="A5006_12720" style="width: 130px;"> Toronto (YYZ)
Arrive 9:22 pm
Terminal 1 </td> <td style="width: 115px;" nowrap="nowrap"><table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr> <td>319 mi
(513 km)
Duration: 1hr 22mn </td> <td>
</td></tr></tbody></table> </td> <td id="A5006_12715" style="width: 192px;"> AC
AC.gif

Flight: 427 </td> </tr> <tr><td colspan="6"><hr class="hrLite" size="1">
</td></tr> <tr><td class="small" style="width: 592px;" colspan="6"> 3Economy/Coach Class, Snack, Airbus A320 </td></tr> <tr><td height="6">
</td></tr> <tr><td colspan="6"> <table style="width: 100%;" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr> <td id="A5006_12716" class="small" align="left" valign="top"> Total distance: 649 mi (1,044 km)
</td> <td id="A5006_12717" class="small" align="right" valign="top"> Total duration: 2hr 57mn (4hr 22mn with connections) </td></tr> </tbody></table> </td></tr> <tr><td height="16">
</td></tr> <tr><td id="A5006_12718" colspan="5" bgcolor="#d4d9e8">
fltitin.gif
Sun 25-May-08 </td> </tr> <tr><td colspan="6" height="2">
</td></tr> <tr valign="top"> <td id="A5006_12719" style="width: 130px;"> Toronto (YYZ)
Depart 7:59 pm
Terminal 3 </td> <td style="width: 25px;"> to </td> <td id="A5006_12720" style="width: 130px;"> Newark (EWR)
Arrive 9:43 pm
Terminal C </td> <td style="width: 115px;" nowrap="nowrap"><table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr> <td>352 mi
(566 km)
Duration: 1hr 44mn </td> <td>
</td></tr></tbody></table> </td> <td id="A5006_12715" style="width: 192px;"> CO
CO.gif

Flight: 575 </td> </tr> <tr><td colspan="6"><hr class="hrLite" size="1">
</td></tr> <tr><td class="small" style="width: 592px;" colspan="6"> 3Economy/Coach Class, Boeing 737-300 </td></tr> <tr><td height="6">
</td></tr> <tr><td colspan="6"> <table style="width: 100%;" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr> <td id="A5006_12716" class="small" align="left" valign="top"> Total distance: 352 mi (566 km)
</td> <td id="A5006_12717" class="small" align="right" valign="top"> Total duration: 1hr 44mn</td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table>
</td></tr><tr><td height="4">
</td></tr><tr><td>
</td></tr><tr><td>
</td></tr></tbody></table>
You can be here and back in about a day, on a US long weekend :)

Ryan

Tracy,
Only one heads up. If you fly Air Canada and your flight is cancelled in TO you better rent an apartment! :> They're not very co-operative on getting you on the next available flight - could be 10 days. Of course, you could always hitch hike!
Oh, yes, they'll send your luggage to some other place that starts with NEW - could be anywhere! And the snack is a pack of peanuts - 2 bucks!
Rock on.............. :>

Ryan, you're really tempting me ...... I'll take a closer look at the schedule for may today, but our long weekends in my shore area typically are a busy time for us. Lots of destination brides, coming into town, planning their upcoming weekends, or weddings themselves going on.

But your itinerary sure makes me want to take a closer look!

thanks for the warning Rock !

Maybe one more thing, but as I recall, this was happening in the old format also. On threads w/polls, the individual votes cause the thread to repeatedly show up in "new posts" even if there isn't an actual post added. Glitch, or the way it is because of the RSS stuff?

Neither - it's a system option.

We enabled it to keep polls more in the public eye, as they tend to get fewer replies. When it's off polls disappear quickly and don't get a fair number of views.

Ryan

very good point

Status
Not open for further replies.