feather boa wreaths

Status
Not open for further replies.

sweetp

Mar 15, 2004
Raymond, MS
Visit site
Has anyone sold feather boa wreaths for baby doors?? I have not found a good wholesale source. My source is $25.00 each. I found a source for boas at $3.00 each. It takes 3 or 4 plus a styro ring so it is comparable in time/labor, etc. These are great sellers. Just curious if anyone else is selling them?

Hospital room doors for new baby. Some call them baby door badges, banners, etc. Different areas use different items to "welcome" baby. Traditionally, florists have used wreaths with silk flowers or plush animals with bows/ribbons "It's a Boy/Girl", etc. These boa wreaths are a bit classier than traditional wreaths/banners.

Maybe it's just a "Southern Thing" - must be because no one else seems interested in this bit of info... Oh well honey chile, we even show hospitality to our new arrivals in the South! Maybe you should start a new trend in IL. Great $$. Grandparents never ask the price - it's that important to "out do" the others on the maternity floor.

I'm pretty far south ( ft. lauderdale) and have never heard of it but it does sound great. got any pics? Would love to see one. Who knows we could capture a new market! Down here tho they send the girls home so quickly it is scary!
Send me a pic if you can :eek:oooops: [email protected]
Thanks for the info,
Sher.

Mothers here only spend maybe one night in the hospital after delivery and how in goodness name would you ever attach one to a door at a hospital? Not in any hospital I've ever been in would they put a hanger on a door.

I will try to post some pics after Mother's Day rush is over. Usually, the grandmother, sister, girlfriends, etc. purchase it before the baby is born. Most people know if it is boy/girl these days. Then they call us when mom to be goes to hospital. We deliver it that day or the next morning - whichever works with our delivery schedule - or they pick it up. Most hopsitals here have hooks on doors in Maternity and the newer hospitals that do not, we just use a temporary wreath hanger over the door - extra charge of course.

Here's how to do it until I get pics up. Take styro ring and wrap 3 boas around it - around and around and around until you have a big fluffy wreath. Add a bow (It's a Boy/Girl) and you are in business. Sometimes they want baby items added. I did one today with a bedtime prayer angel in the middle. A while back we did one for a baby girl with plush ballerinas and a large star in the middle "A Star is Born". I'm telling you it is BIG BUSINESS. Just my input for extra $$$ during slow times!

Feather Wreath's

Our new and first grandchild Maddie (the most beautiful, sweetest, smartest, precious baby girl in the world) got one for her door in Jacksonville, FL. in January. We thought it was neat but the box it came in did not have the manufactures name or any info (??? duh) on it. It was basically a styro ring covered in feathers.
We will be looking for them at Market in July.

The only place I have found them is Sisters Wholesale, Meridian, MS. Wholesale price $25.00 each. However, I bought boas from MardigrasZone on the net for $3.00 each and styro rings from wholesaler $3.50 each and made them myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.