Not open for further replies.

CHR

Design matters
Nov 28, 2002
Anaheim
www.avantegardens.com
State / Prov
CA
Upon checking inbound links to my site, I discovered we appeared on a page for a city in Maryland on findaflorist.com. A closer look revealed we were listed on a number of other pages that are nowhere near our service area.

I've sent off a note to TF about the errors and this should be somewhat of a concern to any florist listed on the site. If FAF shows you on a page name in an area other than one you service, it could confuse search engines - especially for shops with few inbound links.

To see how truly massive FAF is, follow the appearances of flora-rose.com, an OG that's somehow listed as being a brick and mortar shop in LA despite the mailing address being a PO Box (and being operated by the same group as flowershopping.com, 11flowers.com and 77flowers.com).

I used Google's advanced search feature to see how many times flora-rose.com appeared in FAF. Would you believe it's listed on 30 different keyword-loaded pages? Folks, the structure of this site is gigantic, real deal SEO. Look at how many permutations of 'Los Angeles' exist. (Note: Medium and smaller cities across the US are not yet optimized for keywords like cheap_flowers, Mother's_Day, funeral homes and hospital names but New York, NY is....)

To see the pages on which your site appears in findaflorist.com just enter your URL in the "with the exact phrase" box.

If you find your shop listed on inappropriate pages, I suggest you send an email to webmaster at teleflora.com and report the error.

Status
Not open for further replies.