From the horses mouth....

Clarabella

Sep 3, 2008
Clare
www.clarabellaflowers.com
State / Prov
Michigan
Here is an interesting story....

I got a call from the area Teleflora rep asking if I would be interested in being a member blah blah. I immediately said, "no thanks, I don't think your company is looking out for the best interest of its members and I don't support that". She started into her sales pitch about how TF doesn't direct ship and sends florists orders they need to succeed etc.

That when I stopped her again and said "Listen, I know your game all too well. I am NOT going to fill orders so that you, proflowers and every other dOG out there can take your cut and laugh all the way to the bank with the profit while I work my butt off for a "sale". If I'm going to do the work, I'm going to make the profit. If I'm not going to make any profit, I have plenty of other things to do with my time..."

(This is the part that shocked me)

She said "You're right. You are one of the few that get it. About 20% of florists understand the difference between a profitable order and an unprofitable one. We just cater to the other 80% that want more orders. Thats why we use OGs. The florists keep telling us they want more orders more orders more orders, so we give them more orders. Even though they don't make any profit off of them".

I was actually speechless for about 20 seconds. Then I thanked her for actually being honest about it and not trying to feed me a line of bunk. We bid eachother farewell. I hung up the phone and sat there dumbfounded. Yes, I know its the truth. I just couldn't believe that the TF rep was that up front and honest about it.

Whats really sad is that when she said 80% of florists "don't get it", she was telling the truth....and what is even more said is that the WS don't think twice about taking advantage of them for their own gain....

Here is an interesting story....

Whats really sad is that when she said 80% of florists "don't get it", she was telling the truth....and what is even more said is that the WS don't think twice about taking advantage of them for their own gain....

Getting an honest ws rep to fess up the truth is very exhilarating Clarabella...I hope you were breathing during your 20 second interlude...I probably would have hyperventilated!

Maybe someone should call them and give them @mikey the number he through out in the other thread... 83% of florists don't get it ;)