FTD.com changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheryl, that is really a great idea. We ran a cheap daffodil promotion - 25 daffies in a vase, delivered for $30 and sold a bunch of them. This is clearly the price range that gets people to buy impulse flowers. Otherwise it's just funerals, weddings and birthdays.

I noticed the same thing. We use $29.99 for that same purpose. $40 used to be the selling point, but now $30 is. At least in our area.

Cheryl, that is really a great idea. We ran a cheap daffodil promotion - 25 daffies in a vase, delivered for $30 and sold a bunch of them. This is clearly the price range that gets people to buy impulse flowers. Otherwise it's just funerals, weddings and birthdays.

Ted I'm experiencing the same, I've been running numerous walk in, website and email specials and people are eating them up.

Reactions: mikec
I totally admire those of you that are already running with this.

TF spent 3 million on that superbowl ad and still sales of boxed flowers rose.

Any bets on how long til TF turns Stems and Bunches into a consumer direct thing???

Anybody not see that coming?

Or like that big shot told me that time "What else are we gonna do?"

Oh my heavens>>Twila, I read it, and made it through it>>>>

Am I the only one that direct ships rose in a box out of there store, Oh my heavens, I just don't get any of this banter over this, maybe it has been a long day, I have been doing this for many years, and I make money on this, When a customer wants it in a box do it, it doesn't cost much, and as a business you can get major discounts through fed-ex, and all the label things as well, When I get a moment I will post more, I have a thing that needs finished..

Cathy & Others:

The picture went up on the home page. We did not do an email blast yet. Just wanted to test the waters. My home page actually shows 2 specials. Tulips at $25.95 and the loose wrapped bouquet.

We got several on-line orders (placed online) and several phone (while looking at the website) for the tulips.

The amazing thing was the loose wrapped bouquet orders --
none were placed on line. All called while looking on line. All asked questions about what they could/would get for $30.00.
(the customer led the conversation -- we did not lead them).
Each and every time a sale was made.
(Staff was cautioned not to upsell or persuasively sell this product -- let the customer do the leading, since we were running an experiment).

What this taught me was that the public is willing to spend $20 to $40.00 on a "what the heck, it's Tuesday," or "she's having a bad day -- flowers are nice" kind of gift. One was a pickup for an anniversary -- he missed our delivery cut-off by several hours & was glad for us to have it ready for his pickup on the way home. (When he saw it, the big bow and presentation gained a nice tip!).

Most told us that "she likes pink" or "could you include some gerbers," etc. We honored all those requests, within our pricing formula. ("Yes, we can do that for you!!"

We did scale one bouquet back because the total cost needed to come to $30.00 (including tax and delivery).

$30.00 with tax & delivery = $41.68 here.
$25.95 with tax & delivery = $37.45 here.
$20.00 with tax & delviery = $30.98 here.

This is what your consumer is willing to spend on a general gift right now, given the present state of the economy.

I had worked out a std formula for the bouquets ahead of time.
(so many $1 flowers, so man $2.00 flowers, etc.)

Bows were premade, and we had figured out the wrapping and packaging part. It takes less than 5 minutes to put the whole thing together -- once you know the specific color(s) that the consumer wants.

Looks like a win - win to me. Email blast is next. :)
Ordering the gold boxes from Giftbox tommorrow. (with the window).

Thanks to Darell and RC for the ideas and encouragement.

It's all about giving the customer what they want.....and thinking out of the box (or maybe delivering in a box! :) )

Cheryl

ps.....
Now I have to do a better job of describing this so that they order on-line.....and our 24/7/365 "sales consultant" takes the order. :)

I totally admire those of you that are already running with this. As do I....however, remember this - YOU NEVER GET A SECOND CHANCE TO MAKE A FIRST IMPRESSION....So, take the idea further than they do.

TF spent 3 million on that superbowl ad and still sales of boxed flowers rose. How much did they rise ? Where is the evidence of this ? What are your sources showing us that sales still rose?

Any bets on how long til TF turns Stems and Bunches into a consumer direct thing??? Then BEAT them to the punch....Do your own versions of stems and bunches

Anybody not see that coming? The only ones not seeing that on the horizons are not looking.

Or like that big shot told me that time "What else are we gonna do?"

What else are we gonna do......WE ARE GOING TO DO BETTER THAN THEY DO.......AND WE ARE GOING TO IT BY FOLLOWING OUR RULES !!!!!!

Who says we have to follow 1800TFTD's rules in the game ?

Reactions: goldfish and LJVF
JB, that is a very interesting find. I found this clip the most interesting:

[youtube]q-JR1LREtYE[/youtube]

Kabloom is basically using a balloon and a thick rubberband. Things that make you go hmmm....

We were having a slow today, so I had my designer wrap one of those European/Hong Kong wrap dealies. I displayed one in front of the store, priced at $75 about a half hour later, SOLD! We've now sold 3 of them. What the heck? Maybe it's a fluke, I don't know, but I'll take it.

On the other hand I put one up on the home page of my website last night, but I haven't got much response yet. The image of the bouquet is not the best, rose spacing issue, maybe that has something to do with it, too soon to tell.

Reactions: goldfish and bloomz
FTD.CON has copied 800's changing image with upgrade pricing.

Very kewl function. Yeah I know I said that before.

Status
Not open for further replies.