Ftd Florist Website Changes?

Tom

Dec 26, 2003
Dover
www.garrisonhill.com
State / Prov
New Hampshire
I looked at my FTD website earlier today, prepared to make Valentine's updates. Instead of my usual home page, I was greeted with a very ugly page, with the shop name in the top left corner in a nondescript typeface instead of our logo. In the lower right corner was the new FTD logo and a message that we're "Proud members of the FTD family." I was stunned. I scrolled back and forth while feeling a bit sick. I then left the site and checked a couple of other FTD florists' websites. They looked OK, but not quite what I expected. Then I accessed my website via my phone to see what the mobile version looked like. It was similar, but I noticed a line that said something like "Click here to access HTML version." I did, and was taken immediately to my old familiar website - sort of. I then went back to my desktop and again accessed my website. Voila! The familiar website was there - sort of. There was a large blank space where promo products usually appear. By clicking on various occasions I could see pictures of arrangements. Going back to the home page I found the large blank space again. Exiting and revisting a number of times brought me to my usual home page (sort of). The first week of February isn't a time when I want to worry about unexpected (and undesireable) alterations to my website. Does anyone know what's going on? Has anyone else noticed anything?

Tom, I had a web with them and switched 3 years ago. To many times like the above happened to me and my customers we're telling me that they got re-directed off my site and ended up in the FTD shopping cart. I feel your frustration and the holiday so close. I would keep them pinned to the wall and call them or call Bryan Whitehouse the field boss.

Reactions: theRKF and KABERS
Tom, I had a web with them and switched 3 years ago. To many times like the above happened to me and my customers we're telling me that they got re-directed off my site and ended up in the FTD shopping cart. I feel your frustration and the holiday so close. I would keep them pinned to the wall and call them or call Bryan Whitehouse the field boss.

I agree with you, after being a loyal, FTD only member for 25 years, I have taken the scary steps to "divorce" FTD these last 4-6 months, starting by pulling my credit card processing from them, then my website, cutting back my affiliation, & last, not ordering codified product the past 2 holiday periods.
I just sent the final goodbye email today.
It's probably THE best decision I have made, I did partner with The Flower Shop Network & have been beyond pleased with not only the concept but the level of support & help they offer to small local shops.

It's a shame though because the main determining factor in this was my interactions with Bryan Whitehouse & how he handled my account. I really wanted to battle the issues & problems I've had with FTD by taking things further up but as we all know, (and FTD counts on) is that we are too busy running our businesses & family life to fight that giant....