Not open for further replies.

Mikey the Flower Guy

It's a GREAT DAY to live, and love!
Nov 10, 2002
Dundas, Ontario, Canada
www.hamiltonflorists.com
State / Prov
Ontario
about FTD's "delayed response program"....
I asked all of you to "track" incoming, outgoing, and ask/answer time responses, from NOT only other shops, BUT, also, FTD.COM, and the stable of order gatherer's that FTD has as members.
DO NOT count "Simon Says", or "Town & Country" as they ARE legitimate florist shops with very successful websites!!
I ALSO told you that we DO NOT "reject" orders...ONLY asks, or answers.
I want YOU to think about this carefully, put your "disdain" for FTD aside.....
HAS the "response" time from FTD, and .COM "improved", "gotten worse" or "stayed the same" from your perspective, and have THOSE shops that you trust, and send to quite often, "improved" or "NOT improved" THEIR response times to your orders??
The DRP has "implied" that it WILL re-establish credibility with the order transfer network, and will "hasten" the time, it takes for fill shops, to make up their minds, whether an order "suits" their shop!!.
Stupid shops will call this a "tax".....many will "quit" the organization.
Thoughtful shops, will call this a "necessary evil" and "accept" the fate of the "tax" wherever it rests.
Aggressive shops, will portray this program as a self governing, self funding, revenue neutral method of "fining" shops into "submission".
Passive shops, will consider this nothing more than another "fee" and the cost of doing business, and won't "change" the way they do business!!
Take note, that FTD, has known ALL ALONG, that out of 22-23K members, that 46-48 HUNDRED members MAKE them money, 55-87 HUNDRED, are neither revenue PLUS/or MINUS, and the balance actually "COST" the company money, BUT, are "required" for "coverage, HOW MUCH, do YOU actually "think" that the DRP program will "impact" the sending AND receiving shops, and HOW MUCH do you think it will COST the company, when inept shops are forced to either "ADAPT" or leave???
FTD's balance sheet WILL IMPROVE even with NO cash input from the program...WHY, because FTD will be able to CLOSE it's babysitting services division for those shops that DON'T get it!!
8000 FTD shops in North America can EASILY accomplish, what 23,000 could NOT, in 85% of the land, and methinks that maybe THAT is the "strategy" behind the DRP program...is a "forced" retirement plan with NO benefits, and NO re-entry into the company, and NO second chances, to do the "dump and rejoin" cycle that costs HUGE money to maintain.
I'm NOT in favour of being "fined" for being a good performing fill shop, and even MORE pissed, at being put in the SAME PROGRAM, as everyone ELSE, DESPITE having a near perfect record, BUT, I'm VERY ANGRY, that REAL FLORIST shops, even have THE NERVE, to underperform order transfers, BOTH send AND receive, when they KNOWINGLY have NO intention of doing FOR ME, that which they EXPECT from ME, and I WANT THEM OUT...never mind FTD's "intent".
I FULLY "EXPECT" to be hit in the pocketbook IF I SCREW UP....it surprises me to NO END, when THOSE that screw up THE MOST, are THE FIRST to point fingers, and "defend" THEIR positions, at ANY COST!!
FTD has REACHED this point :wallhead: and really doesn't care any more what YOU like, BUT, from MY experience, when I send an "ASK" to HQ, THEY send ME a response WITHIN the "allotted time", and from THEIR "perspective" they either KNOW I will fill the order, or I WON'T fill the order, WITHIN that time frame, and I'm SORRY, if YOU order pizza, of chicken, or ribs, or beer, YOU expect NOTHING less.
Believe me, when I tell you that MOST florists, or so-called florists COULD NOT operate at the levels EXPECTED of the "average" pizza or chicken joint!

Status
Not open for further replies.