How few stars could YOU get and STILL STAY IN BUSINESS?

kt4ye

Oct 15, 2007
Charlotte
www.flowerhut.com
State / Prov
NC
Just for curiosity, I went to Yahoo! Shopping and searched for "flowers."

I got LOTS of hits, so I started paging through the listed products and suppliers. With MOST suppliers, customers that had used their services had RATED them from 1 STAR (awful) to 5 stars (excellent.)

Here's what 1 found:
  • Teleflora 1 1/2 Stars
  • FTD 1 1/2 Stars
  • 1-800 Flowers 1 1/2 Stars
  • From You Flowers 1 Star
  • Pro Flowers 3 Stars
I found no floral supplier rated higher than 3 Stars.

Imagine the poor guy that tries ALL the leading "National" Flower Shops, gets less-than-satisfactory performance from all of them and concludes, "I guess that flowers are a crappy way to express my feelings. Next time, I'll send a Teddy Bear!"

BTW, until I got smart and stopped advertising there, my shop had a 5 Star rating from Yahoo! Shopping.

All the best!

Bill

Hmmm... I remember when the FTD logo was the number 3-5 most recognized "brand" in the world too.... now, it's not even in the top 100...

Glad I've got 5 stars on the Goog.....

Bill why did you stop advertising on Yahoo?

Quality and Cost-Effectiveness

When I looked at our performance, 100 percent of my problem orders were on wire-outs. And I actually CARED about customers getting what they paid for.

(Presumably) because I was not a BIG player, I was paying a LOT of money for every click to my website. Conversion efficiency was never close to 100 percent so my cost-per-order was too high. And I wasn't equipped to do follow-up emailing to try to convert one-time buyers into many-times-buyers.

Bill