introduction post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well differences in oppinion make the world go round I guess. I know that when it comes to Purchasenet I'd rather take a hit with extra product over telling a shop I cant get it for them. I'd love to be sold out at the end of a holiday but I am always left with a few cases of most of my line. I usually buy 10-15% more than projected sales on roses and carns and Lilies, and then about 7-8% on secondary focals as well as fillers.

But like I said, what works for me may not always be good for a shop.

If you're talking about having flowers in stock - sorry to disagree it's better to be short than overstocked when it comes to expensive VD roses.

Been there done that and didn't even get a stinking t-shirt, but I did get to eat thousands of dollars worth of roses. More than we made on the "holiday" profit.

It's more of a difference in whose pocket book it comes out of, not difference in opinion. It's better to turn down a few orders than to be stuck with a lot of roses at double the normal price. I agree, that could wipe out your profit which means YOU WORKED FOR NOTHING. That's the florist standpoint while employees get paid no matter what!

you are correct with it makes a difference with whose pocket book it comes out of. and it comes out of mine as well. when we are left with boxes it negatively effects my margin, and when that happens my numbers for the year go down which effects my review. But sometimes I have to wiegh the benefits to the deficit, and just say, hey I did what i thought was right.

Status
Not open for further replies.