Introduction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlotte

Jul 26, 2007
Plano
State / Prov
TX
My wife and I own Appletree Flowers & Gifts and Dutch Mill Flowers in Plano TX. My wife, Charlotte, started at Dutch Mill working for her mother. Her mother sold the shop to Ellie, a designer at the shop. A few years ago Charlotte bought the shop from Ellie and Ellie stayed on to help. A little over a year ago we bought Appletree and merged the 2 shops together. Charlotte has over 20 years of experience in the floral industry and Ellie has over 30 years. Vicky who we hired from Appletree also has over 20 years. This is my first post ever so hopefully it will work.:dearbob:

Reactions: 5 people
Hi Charlotte's husband :),

Looks like your first post went swimmingly ... took me forever to figure out how to change the colors!

Do you work at the florist with your wife? Just wondering, how was it that you found flowerchat?

tracy

You did just fine. :) Welcome to this terrific site.

What is your favourite part of being in the floral industry? And by the same token... what's your least favourite?

V

I have a small food brokerage business but I also help my wife at the shop. I don't really have any designing skills so I help with the bookkeeping and cleaning.

What I like best is that you have the chance to control your own destiny. In my other business my suppliers have a lot of control over what I can do. What I hate worst is easy, the bookkeeping.

Status
Not open for further replies.