lenwlod

Jan 19, 2007
Chicago Heights
www.hofmannflorist.com
State / Prov
IL
Business: Hofmann Florist

Type of Business: Retail Florist

What I do: I'm a firefighter...always ready to put out a small fire before it grows into an inferno! Seriously, I'm the IT guy, bookeeper, mechanic, engineer, janitor and in between all that I can whip out a few funeral arrangements. I've been at it for over 30 years (20 as a shop owner).

Reactions: 4 people
My hubby is a volunteer firefighter on the side, over 20 years. Sounds like you are a busy person.

Welcome to FlowerChat.....

Welcome Len,
Congratulations on your 20 years in Chicago Heights!!! That is a heck of a success story right there. If you get the chance please join us for Flowerchat Live!!!! Next Wednesday Nite @ 8:00 pm central.

Again welcome to flowerchat, you can learn a lot here!

All the best

Thanks for the warm welcome Michael!
Tuberose....God bless your husband and other true firefighters. I was just trying to be funny saying I'm a "firefighter"...it seems as business owners we are always trying to put out the "fires" that start in the course of a business day, whether it be with customers, employees or whatever else is thrown at us! Take care and again thank your husband for what he and others like him do.

Reactions: 2 people
Lenwold and Kensington,
Welcome to you both! Wonderful to have two more long established businesses - I'm sure you can both offer a lot of advice to some of us newer shops.

Kensington - your personal florist website is terrific!

welcome again,
tracy

Welcome Lenwlod!

I put out fires every day too! Isn't it funny how we get into this business because we love to design--then do just about everything but!

Last Friday my delivery van got rear-ended. The man pulled up and asked if my driver was okay, then took off! My driver was so shaken up, she didn't get a license number. Of course the insurance company can't do much on a hit and run.

Yesterday we got copies of three checks and our deposit slip from our bank missing one check which was a big one. Seems even though I have a receipt for the deposit, they debited my account anyway! My bank says the check was lost between my bank and the proof department. They advise me to have my bride send another check. If her bank charges her to stop payment on the first check, they will reimburse her. Why does it always happen to the bridezillas??! :dunno:

Anyway....welcome and here's to more good weeks than bad!

Hi Len (and Deb)---

The "Lenwlod" didn't register and then I saw the Chicago Heights! Glad to have you here. Welcome to our little community. The knowledge you and Deb bring to the table will be a great addition to this board.
WELCOME!

Holly

Thank you Holly, glad to be here. I actually have checked in from time to time, the last 9 months or so but never posted. I used to post and check some of the other boards in the past, but this seems to be place most florists are using now. Thanks gain to you and everyone else for the warm welcome,
Len

Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.