keyword analyses of our site

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goldie, i have just had a little look at your site. I hope you dont mind me saying but there does seem to be a lot going on at the home page. I didnt know where to look first.

Maybe prioritise your info. I would perhaps make it a little more structured whilst still giving the personal feel that i know you like. Eg, your customers wont really be bothered what insolita means, maybe cut the text and make your pictures bigger.

I also dont think customers know what monochromatic etc means, they know simple terms that have been around years.. This could confuse them.

I feel like my site is very structured but not at all personal. I suffer with the same problems that you do as i am in a small town. I know i need to make mine more personal.. not sure how yet but as all of us, one step at a time..

Reactions: goldfish
Valleygirl,

He makes a bit of $$ for allowing those Google Ads to run like that. Since he fills for some or all of those folks I think he doesn't mind making a little money back from the ads. That question was answered eariler in the thread.

Goldfish, I beleive i've heard that the redirect thing is not cut and dried. there are varying opinions. I really still think that if you owned the domains for those neighboring towns it would help business. I own domains for neighboring towns where no services exist and have websites ready to go. Because people do search for "florist in City and State.

I appreciate that you are thinking out of the box, and on the curve. Yep, being a do it all person, does cut into your time for fluffing the website, but I think an attractive site keeps surfers there longer. Thats why we so often here on FC talk about attractive websites.

When i mentioned buying other domains and redirecting them to your site the other week, some of the techies told me that it was more to keep away your competition from buying them.

From what i can gather, when you redirect a domain it just reads your domain that it's going to.

I was ready to buy a whole load up...

Hers's my though Palms, if I own the domains for the towns around me that do not have shops, but I deliver to, and I have small sites in each of those towns names for instance lavon tx. When someone searches florist in lavon TX, then they'll get my site and I will get the order. As they may not know to search Royse City to deliver to Lavon.

If I am incorrect please someone tell me. I love learning this stuff.

Goldfish, I went back and read your post in this thread saying you want to immulate Wesley Berry by being in as many places as you can to increase traffic to your site.
But being in your small town, the traffic will only be traffic for your town, if that makes sense. In other words you'll still only get what orders would have been coming for delivery in your small town anyway, right?? Are you wanting to have people call you so you can call the orders out? Perhaps I'm confused.

Reactions: 1 person
Your competitors- profl - tf & ftd have ads at the bottom of your pages. Can you get rid of them?

These ads are called 'AdSense.' Yes I could prevent PF/TF/FTD from showing up there. But no need to.

Google Analytics can be linked to AdSense and you can analyze exactly at what pages visitors are clicking on these ads to exit.

#1 AdSense-clicks on our website is:
http://www.flowers-insolita.com/events/wedding_DIY.html

#2 is:
http://www.flowers-insolita.com/Everyday/rainbowroses.html

What do these results show? It's quite simple to see what's going on.

These pages, #1 & #2 above, are the landing pages from PPC or organic searches, i.e., the pages that a visitor come to directly from other sites, not from another page within our site.

So what's going on is quite simple, and in this sequence...

Someone type in "wholesale wedding flowers" "diy wedding flowers" etc. in Google/Yahoo.

Our PPC ad shows up in the sponsored link.

She clicks on our PPC ad "Wholesale Wedding Flowers..."

Comes to our "landing page."

Didn't like what she saw.

Then click on one of the ads at the bottom for the sole purpose of exit.

Because this person has already decided to exit, I'm not losing anything. In fact, by allowing her to click on the ad, I'm getting a small change from her visit.

Same for 'Rainbow rose' landing page. Remember this landing page has 80% bounce rate.

You told me the same idea a while ago. I'm actually trying.

But remember that "long island florist/flowers" (1-2,000 searches a month) are better keywords than "huntington ny florist/flowers" (2-400), but their search volume is nowhere near "san diego florist/flowers" (10-70,000) though.

Another thing that bothers me is that there are a lot more traffic for "huntington florist" without "ny" (2-3,000 searches a month). In other words, adding the state name is reducing the traffic by almost 10-fold.

I know that there are towns of "Huntington" in several states; your state also has 'huntington beach' which is a better known city than our town.

Still, I believe that people even in Long Island don't type 'florist huntington NY'; they just type it without NY. In that case, our website won't rank high, buried under the florists and OGs in huntington (beach) of other states. Try that, and you'll see what I mean.

That's something I'm trying to overcome.

This a problem with multiple cities with the same name. For example "Portland Maine" and "Portland Oregon". There is even a "San Diego Texas", but it is so small that it's a non factor for me.

With that said, you are ranked on the first page search results for "huntington florist" and I don't see any reason why you cant work your way up even more near the top.

Goldfish, I went back and read your post in this thread saying you want to immulate Wesley Berry by being in as many places as you can to increase traffic to your site.
But being in your small town, the traffic will only be traffic for your town, if that makes sense. In other words you'll still only get what orders would have been coming for delivery in your small town anyway, right?? Are you wanting to have people call you so you can call the orders out? Perhaps I'm confused.

I'm only making the pages for the towns we actually deliver to. WB's pages are for the sole purpose of wiring out.

Long Island is a funny place... Long Island consists of lots of small towns, many of which are not incorporated (meaning, there's no town government). They are called 'hamlets'. Huntington (Village) is a hamlet.

As such, florists in Long Island do deliver to many, many towns, villages, and hamlets. We deliver to >30 of them, even though we are a small florist.

Yet, Google "restrict" (so to speak) our locality only to the small hamlet we happen to be in. I hope that, as Darrell said, we had only one big town called "Long Island Village". Then we would be a much better shape in terms of web traffic.

Reactions: LJVF
I am sorry...

I am wondering why you are bothering to do a web site at all when you are inviting your viewers to shop at...

proflowers
800flowers
and
fromyouflowers with your google adword campaign?

Why in the world are you doing this?

Is this part of a free web hosting site?

Maybe your bouncers are goint to these sites?

This is pittiful...

Your hard work, going to support these companies?

WOW

next page load, your category for "tight and compact p1"

we have

High End Exquisite Flowers - at Losangeles.citysearch.com

Fresh Flower Arrangement at
ColonialFlowerShoppe.com/Flowers
and 800 flowers again...

If it were me, I would forget about any keyword considerations and get a new web site or at a minimum, a new hosting environment as fast as possible

Status
Not open for further replies.