Looking for a "mentor"

Flowerchatter03

Co-Owner and Floral Composer
Oct 14, 2007
Cross Lanes
www.crosslanesfloral.com
State / Prov
West Virginia
I am looking for someone to help me a little with the process of AIFD as far as what needs to be turned in at what time. Also when I am supposed to pay what, etc. Their website is not really all that clear.

I have already completed the on-line courses and I know I am supposed to go to a "hands on" workshop which there is one next March that I am planning on attending.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Pat, congratulations!

They will send you the info in an email about the what payments are due when, and also the deadlines. I believe if you pay in full before the end of May, you get a discounted price that includes symposium.Are you already scheduled to test in Florida next summer?

Don't hesitate to call them, they will be more than glad to walk you through what you need to do. Message Loann Burke on this AIFD page. I don't know if we belong to the same region but she can at least get you in touch with the right person. She is specifically involved with certification so not all of the chapter presidents are going to know this information.

I know that's not mentoring but I think you will do fine.

Yes, they were very helpful. I wish they would have had more. I would not recommend taking the elements and principles along with the design techniques and applications at the same time. To many terms to learn at once. At least for me it was!

Congratz Pat!! Great job! I bet you are super excited. Please keep us posted, I can't wait to see what you have to say about it all.

I took design techniques last year and can't wait to start more of them. I am waiting until Michael gets his ICPF (Illinois State) then I am going to start CFD before I even attempt AIFD.

Michael (hubby) just completed the elements and principles as part of his Illinois State certification. He wanted to take the design techniques also to get it out of the way, I told him to wait on that one until January. You are so right, far to many terms to keep straight at once!