New Laws for Funeral Home

Luc

Nov 1, 2002
Elliot Lake
www.a1florists.com
State / Prov
Ontario
It seems that things are turning our way with funeral home andflorist who give a discount.

One of the new rules in disbursment when you book your funeral arrangement is that they must declare the bill for flowers and they must declare their cut they are receiving for that said service.

So if Mikey sends an arrangement to a funeral home and charges the funeral home $80.00 and the funeral home in turn sells it to the consumer for $100.00, the consumer has to be shown the price the funeral home paid for such service, show them the profit of such arr.

This may educate the consumers that it may be beneficial to deal directly with a florist and the potential saving they would be getting.

Will be interesting how this will effect the wire services that offers service to funeral homes.

From what I have been told, funeral directors have a whole new set of rules that has to be followed by everyone so it is equal with all.

Luc

Rules from the group in charge of all funeral directors. I was told all over Canada.

It seems that things are turning our way with funeral home andflorist who give a discount.

One of the new rules in disbursment when you book your funeral arrangement is that they must declare the bill for flowers and they must declare their cut they are receiving for that said service.

So if Mikey sends an arrangement to a funeral home and charges the funeral home $80.00 and the funeral home in turn sells it to the consumer for $100.00, the consumer has to be shown the price the funeral home paid for such service, show them the profit of such arr.

This may educate the consumers that it may be beneficial to deal directly with a florist and the potential saving they would be getting.

Will be interesting how this will effect the wire services that offers service to funeral homes.

From what I have been told, funeral directors have a whole new set of rules that has to be followed by everyone so it is equal with all.

Luc

Luc,
That rule has been in for many years now.....at least 10, Funeral homes in Canada and also in several states must disclose all of their fees and services. With Funeral Home web sites that are run by the casket companies and the like can get around this because there is a link to FTD or the florist and they then are the sellers and not the Funeral Home.

I was told these new rules will be inforced Jul 1st 2012. It is a new set of rules that all funeral home will have to change and how the disbursment sheets are done to the consumer.
I will try to get more information and maybe a web site that would explain all of these changes.
Luc

Reactions: joanne
I was told these new rules will be inforced Jul 1st 2012. It is a new set of rules that all funeral home will have to change and how the disbursment sheets are done to the consumer.
I will try to get more information and maybe a web site that would explain all of these changes.
Luc
Yes, and I'm pleased to say our local MP was very helpful!

Reactions: joanne