Nov-Jan FTD CD - Anyone having these problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

GreGG

We installed the new CD last week and have never had so many orders rejected as the store no longer being FTD or the code number was invalid. When I spoke to FTD I was told that a good number of members that are supposed to go active on the Merc haven't done so yet and some memberships hadn't been compltely processed.

Just my opinion but you would think that no one would be coded as being FTD or for the Merc until they finish the process.

Also ran into a store who toll free number ran to another florist in another state. I guess their phone doesn't ring to often and it can't be fixed for 3 more months.

Directory

Nope G...you're not alone....

Wish they'd get the **** dial up, download the directory go'n...

WTFDIK...I'm just a florist !

I spoke with merc tech about this two months ago...

and was told that they were working on getting it fixed. Does'nt seem like it should be all that difficult. Just don't put the shop on the directory until it is verified that they are on line. I have spoken with Tim Stelter (regional manager) about it also. I told him that I was not going to be using the merc to send non FTD specific orders until they get this cleared up. I don't have the time to screw with it. One of the advantages to merc direct however is that they update it every two weeks automatically. I think it's two weeks, maybe once a month. Anyway, it's not quite as bad as waiting for the new CD

Jim

Why doesn't my Wings sytem get an update message like my old Merc 3000 did? That was perfect, they downloaded to my system and voila! t'was done. I haven't seen updates like that since I leased the Wings (which is gone when lease is up)

Rhonda - I thought when a Wings lease expired they either take it back or you buy it at their version of fair market value? Are you sending it back and if so what do you plan to replace it with?

I would think that if a Merc 3000 can send and receive an order their would be a way for the directory file to be updated. I am not looking forward to two holidays with this CD knowing that there is that potential for more bounced and rejected orders because non-Merc members have been coded for having/getting the Merc.

When my lease is up, the wings goes back. The PC itself is a piece of HP junk but I love the laser printer. I am so small I don't use a point of service and have a "pirated" business program. I use the access or excel for American Legion Auxiliary business, mailing labels etc. and use most of the rest for my genealogy program. The rep "sales talked" me into it and I admit it was one of the worst mistakes I have made. It will be turned in early next year and I will go to Merc Direct. I already have an ISP I can connect with and I run my Dove system on an E Machine I purchased with monitor and printer for $499 over 5 years ago. I will not have a "fast line" not available in this neck of the woods. If orders don't get to me before 2:00, there will be no delivery for that day. It will make a mess on holidays having to connect to collect orders but at this point in time, I'm so mad at being used by FTD to purchase their pc's that I didn't need just so they wouldn't have to "service" the 3000 which worked just fine.
And actually it will give me a thrill to be able to just tell 800 Flowers to go bite it. :D

By far, technology is the toughest decision to make. I am on a Merc 3000 right now and had Wings for a full day before I packed it up and sent it back. We beta tested MD and then tried using it a few months ago, prior to some major updates, and it always caused problems. At the FTD convention I was signed up to go with Advantage but then word came around that MAS was a possibilility but when that fell through, and when FTD fired Chpaman, I canned the Advantage deal until I was able to step back and truly look over the big picture. Our new store has 8 phone lines installed with room to expand to 20. Until we are moved in I will stay with the 3000 depsite all of my friends telling me to upgrade. It may work for them but I am the one who has to be comfortable with the investment.

Technology....

Is an investment, and decission only you, can make, for your own business....

Rhonda sorry yours did not work out...

Alot of times, I think, the "sell at all cost" mentality takes over, and folks get too pushy, selling someone something they, in reality do not need....

And G....dang...8 phone lines, and no sys....I'd be nervous, but thats just me....I could not do it, and I only have 7....

Best wishes on the Grand Opening, be sure to post some pics !

Status
Not open for further replies.