Orb Design

dlnfloral

Beaches,Umbrella Drinks and Jimmy Buffett Are Call
Feb 26, 2008
Naperville
www.dlnfloral.com
State / Prov
IL
OK,I'm doing some free lance work this week and I just found out I'll be making some large orbs out of roses to go on top of a 30" cylinder.
But the owner is having me make them in a 12 or 14" clear lomey dish.I'm having trouble picturing the mechanics of that. I usually just buy the orb and make it and plop it on the top of the cylinder. Any help here would be great.I'm not following the logic of it.

I liked making them with the lomey dish. A solid bottom gave me something to hold on to and easier to transport without creasing the rose petals. I pan glued oasis then added a piece of chicken wire over top for added security and then taped with with clear thin tape. I sat them on the cylinder to design. My last wedding had too many orbs. I'm definitly over them lol

Reactions: dlnfloral
I can see where the lomey dish would be much more stable. We did a wedding last summer with orbs on top of 30" cylinders and it was very tippy. I was a nervous wreck! The wedding was outside and the tables were not level. Everything went ok but I was not comfortable with it at all. We made our rose orbs by gluing to a grapevine sphere. The next time we did orbs on vases we left the bottom of the grapevine sphere empty where it sat on top of the vase and used oasis glue dots to adhere it.

Trig's-party-tall-center-tw.jpgwedding-tall-cylinder-singl.jpg

See I just don't think she needs the lomey but I'll do whatever she wants.Thanks

Thanks much everyone.It turned out OK in the lomey and should have some pictures soon.