Status
Not open for further replies.

Tracy D'Amico

May 17, 2005
Barnegat NJ, USA
www.myrosegardenflorist.com
State / Prov
NJ
I thought I understood the purpose of the 'tags' at the bottom of the page of a thread, but for the past few days the tags have been nonsensical, or not at all related to the thread topic (eg "POS" tag in Thom's thread about posting, "er" tag in just about any thread)

Am I missing something, or is there a purpose to the weird tags?

edit: immediately after posting this, 2 tags appeared that I didn't use - 'pos' and 'tags'

Tracy,

I'm trying out a new feature to auto-generate tags. Most FC users aren't familiar with and aren't using tagging, not to mention the years of untagged posts in our system.

Tagging can be a very valuable resource for reviewing and retrieving relevant content.

Right now, we're in the process of "training" the tagging system, so it might be a bit over zealous at the start. I'm screening a list of over 18,000 tag recommendations pulled from old thread titles (zzz) ... do you know how many versions of "Aaaaa" "aarghhh" "aaaawwwwww" etc have been used on FC in the past 7 years? I'm developing a twitch, but I hope it will be worthwhile in the long run.

Ryan

thanks - I knew there had to be a valid reason!
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.