PRICE HELP. Rose Petal Aisle

rewolf

Pro Member
Jul 4, 2007
chatham
www.wildbunchstudio.com
State / Prov
MA
I'm trying to fine tune my pricing and correct any areas where I might be losing $$.
The majority of my weddings are outdoors and fresh rose petals are a common request. I usually offer petals from 100, 250 and 500 rose heads. I do not pamper these roses. We unwrap, chop a bit and throw into a bucket of water. Therefore I never quite know what kind of mark-up the petals should receive.

I'm all over the map for pricing depending on how much the bride is spending and need a formula to follow.
Thanks in advance for your help.

I simply charge full price for the roses turned into petals, plus labor (30% standard wedding labor for me) for placement at the venue... It's not a big thing up here, many venues will not allow it, and require silk... in that case I have the bride deal with it.

Reactions: rewolf
I simply charge full price for the roses turned into petals, plus labor (30% standard wedding labor for me) for placement at the venue... It's not a big thing up here, many venues will not allow it, and require silk... in that case I have the bride deal with it.
Ditto...a rose,is a rose,is a rose, in one piece or many!

I do $1.50/rose only in bunches (40 cm) so $37.50 a bunch and sell it by the length of the aisle that a very light sprinkling is 1 rose per linear foot (don't forget to double for both sides of aisle), 3 for light sprinkling, 6 for some overlap, and 12/foot for a 4-5" wide full overlapped sprinkling. I took 4 pictures with the petals next to a ruler so my brides can see the difference.

I know, I know, I was going to post them with my post and then realized those pictures were on the other shop computer and haven't been copied over to this location :(

I do $1.50/rose only in bunches (40 cm) so $37.50 a bunch and sell it by the length of the aisle that a very light sprinkling is 1 rose per linear foot (don't forget to double for both sides of aisle), 3 for light sprinkling, 6 for some overlap, and 12/foot for a 4-5" wide full overlapped sprinkling. I took 4 pictures with the petals next to a ruler so my brides can see the difference.
Yep, I'm on the bandwagon and want to see the pictures also. I just sat and figured this out for a wedding quote, and could not believe how expensive it ended up being. I wonder if anyone knows what the going rate is for some of the elaborate scrolled designs with petals that I have seen recently.