shaking hands

Status
Not open for further replies.

rainbow

Aug 11, 2007
North West UK
State / Prov
England
I’ve been telling everyone that I come across in this business about your site. I so wish I had found it before. As a florist you can feel very isolated. We work longer hours than most shops and at Christmas, Valentines and Mother’s Day you may as well bring your bed to work with you. How can you expect a card or dress shop owner to be able to relate to you. It’s just great having other florists to share your thoughts with. I am amazed that wherever in the world we are situated we have the same kind of problems. I’d like to reach out across the seas and oceans, shake your hands and say hi sister and brother florists

Reactions: 3 people
Hi Rainbow...

Just wanted to Say Hi..!

You are right.. It is a great place to came and visit, It is comforting to know that other florists have the same issues, not matter where we are located.

Definately Rainbow....its amazing how many people come into the shop and say....you must love playing with flowers all day!!! Little do they know its not all glamour...its bloody hard work and you get spider veins on your legs from standing up all day because of it!!! hahahaha

Are you the shop owner?

Me too Connie, I've had my shop for 3 years. I agree with everything Flame says. How I hate the flower arrangers - they are forever telling me how lucky I am to have somewhere to display my work! Actually I don't hate them I just envy the time they have to create and enjoy their arrangements. We just don't have that option, everything is done by the clock. And oh those buckets grrrrr.
Having said that I love this job and would happily die doing it (although not just yet!)

Hi geebf - my handshake to you will have to be across oceans and seas and lots of land too.(unless I start digging!). I have a gorgeous sister in New Zealand who I keep threatening to visit. At the moment I just darn't shut the shop long enough to go and do it. I think your part of the world is amazing - all the best.

Buckets Rainbow....nah thats what Juniors are for:) hahaha Everyone I am sure has had their fair share of washing buckets....and I still do....regardless if I am the boss or not:) Although I think the worst is changing the water and re-filling the oasis buckets hahaha

Buckets Rainbow....nah thats what Juniors are for:) hahaha Everyone I am sure has had their fair share of washing buckets....and I still do....regardless if I am the boss or not:) Although I think the worst is changing the water and re-filling the oasis buckets hahaha
It was water changing day today - I thought of you Flame, and it made me smile thinking that at the other side of the world you where doing the same thing. (although not at the same time as you were probrably in bed lol) the job didn't seem so bad knowing I wasn't alone. Thanks for that. :flowerfac

Status
Not open for further replies.