Sub for white parrot tulip

Lizi

Nov 28, 2007
Matthews
www.matthewsflowerboutique.com
State / Prov
NC
I have a bride who wants a sleek look for her bouquets. In her's she wants purple calla and purple tulips, the BM white parrots with green roses. I have explained that the tulips will not be available for a June 2 wedding and I am trying to find alternatives to show her. She is very headstrong and is not easily swayed to other options on things.

So I am looking for a sub for the purple tulips for her bouquet, she said all calla's would be fine, but need something for the BM, she does not want to use calla's for them, she wants something this has both the white and green like the tulip. Any suggestions would be great, I seem to be going in circles with her.

Lizi, if you order a few months in advance, your wholesaler should have no problem getting the tulips in for you, you don't need to sub. I got pink tulips for a August wedding years ago, the bride would not budge. I charged her the PITA charge, everybody was happy.

Reactions: joanne
I'm not talking to sales people, it's the owners that are telling me that. What their reasons are I don't know. I will check with Mayesh tomorrow, going there to pick up some gerbs for a wedding.

French tulips available for June not parrots. And I've seen and bought tulips from August till now, but that's not June. So we just move on to something else with a different look. The wedding is booked!

Reactions: anytimeflowers