Submitting Sites to Google (RE: A Q. From master J)

Status
Not open for further replies.

felicityflowers

Aug 4, 2005
Felicity, Ohio
www.felicityflowers.com
State / Prov
Ohio
I few years ago, I did do a lot of this, how often do you have to list your sites on engines etc?? I did do a bunch of those worlwide google sites that 12 bux recommended, but nothing else recently, please post a thread that has links to more of these sites, I will find a high school kid to start getting to work:) thanks!:musical:

J,

If you have already submitted to google and other search engines there is no need to submit anymore. Once you are in the "registry", for lack of a better term, the search engine spiders will continue to visit your page.

Ways to get higher on search engine pages. I understand that with having a TF site this is much more difficult as you have to contact them for changes.:

*The description of your page is way too generic. This is your current description:

Teleflora Philadelphia florists for flowers in Philadelphia PA and florist for surrounding Philadelphia PA areas and flower delivery service for Philadelphia PA.
Changing it to something more unique will boost your search engine results.

*Add new content regularly. Update text, images, just change something so the spiders find new and fresh content on each visit or at least every other visit.

*All of your images should contain alt tags, preferably with the text "xxx florist, xxx city". Spiders can't "see" images but if you add text to them this adds keywords, increasing your visibility on search engines. I see that some of them do but they aren't relevant to the search. Customers won't be searching for "Carly's Sherbert Cone" they will be searching for "Ice Cream Flower Arrangement" or whatever...you get the idea.

*Move all of the places you deliver to to the "about us" page. Some of those locations should be listed in your keywords and description in your metatags, all of that information on the front page is distracting and in some cases search engines view pages with loads of keywords on the page as spam.

*Your title should reflect exactly what is on your home page and each pages title should be different.
Your title is: Philadelphia Florists Flowers in Philadelphia PA Florist but that information is not reflected on your homepage.

Changing your title to something like this would "score" better: Belvedere Flowers, Your friendly family owned local flower shop in Havertown, Pennsylvania.

You are already on the first page for seaches in Havertown!!

*Remove all "excess" words from your keywords in your metatags. Only list words such as florist, city, state, flowers, weddings, funerals. Instead of: florist in xxx city, serving the following areas in xxx state...or whatever. The bold words are excess words that you don't want with your keywords.

Here's a great page full of tools to check your website:
http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2006/09/22/complete-list-of-best-seo-tools/

Just as a side note I am by far NOT a professional with this. I just have fooled with my website enough to know what works for me and what doesn't. Hopefully you can use something here :) Lol, but I have let mine slide a ton lately...durn, another thing to add to my "to-do" list!

I hope this helps!! If I said something that wasn't accurate someone PLEASE correct me. Like I said, far from an expert...just a florist who refused to pay someone to do this stuff for her ;)

Thanks Tammy! Lots of hard work, sweat and tears. And it still needs much more. Next up is ecommerce...when will I ever find the time?!??

Status
Not open for further replies.