Suggestions for this color palette?

Snapdragon Studio

May 28, 2009
Vancouver
www.flowersbysnapdragon.com
State / Prov
Washington
picture-2[1].jpg
I have a bride who wants this pink/peach color palette (with green and a dash of dark purple) for her April 14 wedding. The specific flower is not important, it's the colors she cares about. We had originally talked about a wildflower bouquet with succulents, kale, amaranthus, lady slipper orchids, sweet peas, hypericum, billy balls, and solid aster.

She'd like to keep the succulents and/or kale, amaranthus, and hypericum berries. I'm thinking of "Karamel Antike" and "Romantik Antike" garden roses... after that I'm not sure. Maybe tuberose, ranunculus, and stock for the lighter pink/peach. I'm at a loss for getting that darker dusky pink and peach color! I've considered Leucadendrom and Floragene carnations for the dark purple.

I welcome your suggestions.

I love stock for its velvet-like texture. Peach would be very pretty.
I'd be careful with the 'dash of purple'. I think a carnation is going to kill your look. I'd opt for a pale purple flower that is delicate and less obtrusive.

I agree the carnation is not the best bet, but she's really into this "pop" of dark purple... maybe lisianthus?

Try this link. You can search by color and month...helpful for when you're stuck. http://flowergallery.ifd-inc.org/flower_gallery_search.asp

Maybe mini carns or anemones for the purple? Smaller than the carns. For dusty pink, charming unique roses. For dark peach, a peach carn that you tint to the right darkness?

Jennifer,

Have you considered a purple artichoke? It has that deeper plum color that will pop great with the amaranthus and keep the more casual/wild flower look. I think the purple lizi would ruin the dusky palette.

I agree with Helen about the spray roses ~ there is a variety called Majolica that is a wonderful peach and opens beautifully to get that look.

Reactions: Snapdragon Studio