Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhonda

Nov 1, 2002
Millinocket
www.millinocketflorist.com
State / Prov
Maine
Got a sample in the mail today. I believe we discussed them when last years Batchelorette was on...how easy DeAnna pinned on the boutonnieres?
Yep they're slick and it does look like a small drapery hook!
www.thesurepin.com sold $30.00/144 brochure says Ask your distributer or email [email protected]

I'll have to make a full bout to try it out (just hooked it onto a raw carnation right now.....Interesting!

Just proves the point the best ideas are the simple ones .I hope they'll ship them to me .Thanks for pointing them out to me .Flowerchat's great stuff .:yourock:
Teresa

This looks to good to be true. Has it been around for a long time and I just missed it?

Could this possibly work for corsages, too?

Carol Bice

Yep they're slick and it does look like a small drapery hook!
www.thesurepin.com sold $30.00/144 brochure says Ask your distributer or email [email protected]

wow! that's just 21 cents a piece. a lot cheaper than the magnets. I can see using these as a marketing advantage to sell more bouts. thanks for sharing the info!

I've worn this bout to two banks and all the tellers asked about it so I showed them the "idea" and they all agreed much better than pins that can turn, go upside down, etc.

They look like miniature versions of the hooks you would use on sheer curtains!
I wonder how long they are, would they really support a corsage?

They look like miniature versions of the hooks you would use on sheer curtains!
I wonder how long they are, would they really support a corsage?

exactly what I said when I saw a quick look when they used them on the Bachelorette.

I have been trying to find a good supplier for magnets that won't cost an arm and a leg.

My idea is that ALL my bouts and pin on corsages come with the magnets automaticlly as a way to stand my shop out from the others just a bit more.

This pin, if works, seems like a nice alternative.

Has anyone used it on a bulky pin on corsage?? Does it hold up well??

wondering with a corsage, do you think it would slide off the hook if you frequently bent over ?

Rhonda, an experiment if you please :)

We use them!

We use these. The inventor/owner is actually a customer of ours and lives only 10 min away. She was at SAF last fall too. They do work well. A bit of a learning curve with customers. We made up a small paper to go in the bout boxes, so they are not confused when they go to attach.

View attachment surepin.xls

http://www.thesurepin.com

bounced up and down...bent over bent over bent over bent over (no comments from the peanuts) bent over, shook......
it's still in place.
All I did was take a large rose added euc and taped the stem. Pushed that pin up into the stem....pinned to my fleece (quite a picture huh?)
Only thing I didn't do was dance with the hubby (he was waiting to take me to lunch but I ended up taking orders for a funeral in FLA and doing a cut flowers in wrap so he left.....darn no free lunch)

I can see where they'd flop around if used for corsages on "dainty material" dresses. They really do need the bulkiness of a tux or suit jacket to keep them in place. It is moving side to side but it's not turning upside down or at a 45 degree angle to where I originally pinned it.
I love using magnets for corsages also (warning for pacemakers of course) but they're pricey - need to find a better, cheaper source.

Status
Not open for further replies.