Tall Standing Arrangement

FlowerCo

Jun 17, 2012
Novato
State / Prov
CA
I am being asked to make an arrangement similar to this one in the picture. How do I get it tall like this?

Attachments

• High Arrangement.jpg
    High Arrangement.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 54
I was going to say the same thing, it must have a big block of oasis sticking out of the top for such a little container. If the container was a bit wider I would do it as a handtied (might need help holding it) that is crammed into the vase. Not much room for water, I'd be afraid it would be top heavy as well.

make your oasis stick up atleast 4-6 inches so you can put all your trailing greens. I love to make these garden style arrangements, just hate to see some gorgeous flowers jammed in so close to each other that you can barely appreciate their beauty. what height are you dealing with?

Depending on decorative container size and where the arrangement will be placed, you could try this: use a plastic design dish that will sit securely atop your container. Tape appropriate size brick (or part thereof) of foam in dish and design away. Be sure to hide your mechanics well. To transport: we flip an identical sized design dish upside down (gives a little space for the draping greenery), put the dish with arrangement on top, and secure with pegs in our beloved Seminole Delivery system. Fill decorative container with sand (or other material) for weight and stability. Put florist fix on lip of decorative container. At site, place design dish on decorative container. Don't use florist fix if container is a customer's heirloom or paint could be pulled off with anything tacky/sticky. good luck!

Reactions: kt4ye
Depending on decorative container size and where the arrangement will be placed, you could try this: use a plastic design dish that will sit securely atop your container.

I do this a lot.
The customer can easily take away their flowers at the end of the event and leave behind my expensive large containers.