Not open for further replies.

Eric S

Demoted Webmaster
Jul 12, 2005
Tustin
www.everydayflowers.net
State / Prov
CA
I don't know what I was thinking but somehow I forgot to test our websites with other browsers and actually discovered other errors that I would not normally see using Internet Explorer.

Just something to keep in mind when your building your site or having someone do it for you..

Reactions: 1 person
Yes Eric its a well known fact that IE handles CSS significantly differently than FireFox/Opera. Just this morning, while adding some ideas from mlou's awesome post (like live chat and customer audio clips), I discovered some formatting bugs that was causing big differences from IE to Opera.

It seems like Opera actually is more consistent, and to get things to work in IE requires more explicit coding...

I don't know what I was thinking but somehow I forgot to test our websites with other browsers and actually discovered other errors that I would not normally see using Internet Explorer.

Just something to keep in mind when your building your site or having someone do it for you..

Eric,

Here are the main PC browsers to check: Internet Explorer, Netscape, Mozilla Firefox. Opera and Safari (Apple)

Additional list of browsers
* Internet Explorer
* Mozilla
* Mozilla Firefox
* Camino
* Opera
* Konqueror
* Netscape
* Avant Browser
* Maxthon

12Bucks - those audio testimonials are a great idea. I especially like the one from the lady who compared your wonderful flowers to the FTD arrangement she had received.

One suggestion is to remove the lady's phone number from the piece. Not sure she'd appreciate knowing her name and home number were being broadcast on the web. :rolleyes:

Dreamweaver has an option to check your html in other browsers before you upload them. I highly suggest dreamweaver for those who want to create webpages. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.