Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhonda

Nov 1, 2002
Millinocket
www.millinocketflorist.com
State / Prov
Maine
800Flowers sent a TF order to my friend (1 hour north by interstate) for a $75 fruit basket to be delivered today to East Millinocket (8 miles from us). There are two Teleflora shops in my town. She received the order this a.m.
9 ish. She sent a message back to them stating she was coming down for the funeral service on Friday and could deliver it to the family at that time. She then called me to see if I had refused the order (which I hadn't but I don't have Dove and their number is NOT on my caller ID overnight).
She finally gets a reply at 2:30-3:00 ish that it has to go today, she sends a refusal. They call me at 4:00 wanting delivery today to which I tell them the address they have is the deceased home, we have called with a delivery for the same address, no answer, so we delivered to deceased daughter's home in same town. Tell them delivery girl is gone today, we can do tomorrow. She states they'll get in touch with their customer as they wanted it delivered today! If customer says okay to tomorrow delivery she'll send me the order (to which I tell her I don't have Dove, they'll have to call).
Now 1st question comes to mind........neither TF shop here has Dove. They want to take the easy route and send by computer rather than wait until today to make contact with a TF shop in this town by phone. Why send it to a town over 70 miles away - not listed as serving this town, zip code not even close but none of Maine's zip codes are "close by town" we are alphabetical zipped - why wait from 9 a.m. till 3 p.m. to respond to an ask message regarding same day delivery??? And then demand a same day delivery at 4:00 P.M.?
Make that another order lost in space from 800 Flowers.

And people wonder why I giggle when they ask "Are you a Real Florist in Millinocket?" (two of them just today calling from out of town)

Makes you wonder, doesn't it?

We refused an order from 800 yesterday. Don't suppose it was for that fruit basket? LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.