Three New Ways to Streamline Your FlowerChat Experience

theRKF

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2002
striderseo.com
State / Prov
DE
(JB, I expect a bunch of Green Dots from you for this!)

FlowerChat is announcing two new tools to streamline your FlowerChat viewing.

1) Ignore Thread Option
2) Ignore Bot Option
3) Ignore Forum Option

-----------------------------------------------------

1) There is now an option under Thread Tools (when viewing a thread) to Ignore that thread. Ignored threads will no longer appear in the New Posts search. You can view and manage your ignored threads in your User Control Panel.

2) The Blog Posts and Image Gallery updates from the RSS feeds will now be posted by the users "Blog Bot" and "Gallery Bot." If for some unfathomable reason you don't want to see the posts from these two FlowerChat areas, you can Ignore either one or both of these users.
To add a user to your Ignore List, visit your User Control Panel and scroll down the left-side menu to the Buddy / Ignore lists.

3) You can go to the Options page of your user control panel and select forums to ignore when searching for New Posts.

Reactions: 1 person
Have I told you lately that I love you???

opinions vary

just as I was about to "mark everything read" and possibly miss a good argument or something...

JB

:yourock:

Thanks for the continual updates!

tracy

Ryan,
Is it unreasonable for the blog bot to not show a "new post" for each comment added to the original post?

In other words, there's a picture "fall vase" that posts, then someone comments, and there's a second new post, then a second person comments and there's a third new post. These all come up individually when you click "new posts" - fall vase 1 comment, fall vase 2 comments, fall vase 3 comments - unlike a regular thread, that shows the thread once with all new posts attached. It would be good if the process was consistent with the forum posts.

Just a thought, sorry if it's confusing! It's been a loooong week here.

tracy

Okay, one more.
When I reply to a thread, my reply does not come up as a new post for me, when I click new posts.

When I add a comment to a photo, my reply comes up as a new post for me, when I click new posts.

Maybe I should ignore my self. :tongue

tracy

With the gallery and blog posts, we're dealing with an RSS feed, not an internal list like the forum posts. We have a "bot" that is processing the RSS feed and turning the entries into posts on the forum. This limits a bit what we're able to filter.

I have recently set the gallery bot to a longer delay, so I hope that will cut down on the repetition.

Ryan

With the gallery and blog posts, we're dealing with an RSS feed, not an internal list like the forum posts. We have a "bot" that is processing the RSS feed and turning the entries into posts on the forum.
Great, just when I think I understand what's going on online .... now I have to learn about RSS feeds! Maybe I will ignore myself .... hmmmmmm...

thanks for the explanation!

tracy

Stopped working about a month ago...

Should be working now - check what your options are set to in your User Control Panel.

Ryan

Nope they're still showing in new posts for me.

I have always got the gallery bot posts even though I've checked them off as ignore, that and blog bot.

(JB, I expect a bunch of Green Dots from you for this!)

FlowerChat is announcing two new tools to streamline your FlowerChat viewing.

1) Ignore Thread Option
2) Ignore Bot Option
3) Ignore Forum Option

-----------------------------------------------------

1) There is now an option under Thread Tools (when viewing a thread) to Ignore that thread. Ignored threads will no longer appear in the New Posts search. You can view and manage your ignored threads in your User Control Panel.

2) The Blog Posts and Image Gallery updates from the RSS feeds will now be posted by the users "Blog Bot" and "Gallery Bot." If for some unfathomable reason you don't want to see the posts from these two FlowerChat areas, you can Ignore either one or both of these users.
To add a user to your Ignore List, visit your User Control Panel and scroll down the left-side menu to the Buddy / Ignore lists.

3) You can go to the Options page of your user control panel and select forums to ignore when searching for New Posts.

Ryan, Is this option no longer available with the new update? I looked, but could not find it ...
:)
thanks!
tracy
edit:color me clueless .... I found it :)

Ryan, Is this option no longer available with the new update? I looked, but could not find it ...
:)
thanks!
tracy
edit:color me clueless .... I found it :)

For those who haven't found it yet:

Attachments

• fc - ignore forum.JPG
    fc - ignore forum.JPG
    53.2 KB · Views: 59
  • fc - ignore thread.JPG
    fc - ignore thread.JPG
    30.8 KB · Views: 65
  • fc - ignore user.JPG
    fc - ignore user.JPG
    52.2 KB · Views: 57
I need help..how do I post a question for all to answer?? New thread...I can't figure out how to do it...thanks :)

Click on the "new thread" button. There is one located on every forum. For example look at the attachment:

Attachments

• newthread.JPG
    newthread.JPG
    43 KB · Views: 54
A bit off the topic but I must say that the weekly FlowerChat Bulletin really works. It keeps me connected to FC...otherwise I often get busy and forget about FC. There is always something of interest for me to check out in each bulletin.