Warren Zevon

Status
Not open for further replies.

BARBEI

Sep 14, 2003
DOVER DELAWARE
Visit site
For those of you who were a fan today marks one year that we are without our friend the Werewolf... He made music that transended music "styles", writing for country & rock alike as well as his own brand of music. For those of you that are Hockey fans.. you MUST listen to "Hit Somebody" which has his good friend David Letterman in the background. Any of you who were a fan... Let out a long lonely howl for the "Werewolves of London" creator...

And his hair was perfect...

Barbei

:eves:

Zevons greatest

He was able to put out a few more albums before he passed. One of which is "My Ride Is Here" the other "The Wind". His song Keep Me In Your Heart was used on the show Crossing Jordan a few weeks back & set me to tears taking me by such a wonderful surprise. Roland the Headless Thompson Gunner was great, he used alot of references to actual events going on that he had issues with. To really enjoy his music you had to listen to the melodies and then THINK of the words as well. He was a GRAND story-teller!! But one of my ALL TIME FAVS is "I'll Sleep When I'm Dead" which becomes a mantra in our shop during the holidays! He wrote with/for Jackson Browne, the BOSS, Linda Ronstadt, EmmyLou Harris, Dwight Yoakum, The Eagles, Bob Dillon & more. He crossed alot of lines in music & had many many friends. He was a musicians musician. I met him quite a few times here in Delaware where he hired equipment from my cousins company & let their band open for him a few times. He was a great guy & encouraged me as a teenage girl to play bass. He was a musical hero to me & yes I took his death hard even though we knew it was coming. He passed from Cancer caused by Asbestos not smoking like many have said, He was too ornery for cigs to do the job!!! LOL Thanks to all for putting up with my little online eulogy, it helped alot!

Barbei

So much to do, there's plenty on the farm
I'll sleep when I'm dead
Saturday night I like to raise a little harm
I'll sleep when I'm dead
WZ

Status
Not open for further replies.