Status
Not open for further replies.

fairfield

Jan 15, 2006
eugene
www.fairfieldfloral.com
State / Prov
oregon
How about a place to post pics. I know you can post them anywhere here, but I was thinking, it would be nice to have an area to show off that amazing design or get help with that pic you're trying to put on your website. Maybe show featured holiday arrangements or most popular arrangements. Just a thought.

Were you thinking of feedback about the quality of the image itself or more about the overall floral design composition?

If it's mostly about image issues (cropping, cleaning, resolution, color, background, etc....) then IMO the best spot would be in the Website Development Forum.

If it's about the actual arrangement, then the Business > Design Forum would work.

One word of caution: Florists have drastically different styles, ideas and tastes. Anyone putting his/her work up for comment in such a forum would do well to place ego on the back burner and listen to feedback with an open mind. Anyone offering advice should choose words kindly and wisely.

In classes, we call this kind of feedback 'pro-tiquing' - i.e. helpful comments stated professionally in a manner that directly addresses perceived areas of improvement. Simply stating, 'I do or don't like it' or 'This isn't good' is unhelpful unless it's accompanied with concrete reasons as to 'why' and suggestions for change.

Is any of this along the lines of what you had in mind?

Status
Not open for further replies.