CHR

Design matters
Nov 28, 2002
Anaheim
www.avantegardens.com
State / Prov
CA
White House tries on nature-inspired decor for ’05 holiday season

As part of the "All Things Bright and Beautiful" theme selected for the 2005 holiday season, first lady Laura Bush came up with the idea of decorating Christmas trees with fresh flowers.

That left White House Chief Florist Nancy Clarke with the problem of keeping all those roses, lilies and azaleas properly hydrated.
"One of my suggestions was that we take a test tube, a regular test tube from any kind of lab, and wrap it with wire," Clarke said. "We could fill it up with water and actually make a Christmas ornament and still give our flowers a water source."

Gee, that's how we've been adding fresh flowers to trees since the 80's. One of my favorites was the year we used 60 or so cattleyas on the one at our home.

We have a few customers that have us add fresh flowers to their trees every year, usually 1-2 days before Christmas. Mostly roses. Anybody else adding products this way? Any unusual varieties?

I love adding flowers to trees, and like you, have been doing it for years.... everything old is new again. ;)

V

Status
Not open for further replies.