Why would you pay over $4 a click?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bloomz

Nov 12, 2002
Corvalis
State / Prov
OR
Odd... I tried to order too... not possible far as I could find... kept being reffered back to the same page...

Must be broken...

Boy, if this isn't a reminder of how tough it is get noticed online these days...TFTD has almost COMPLETLY monopolized online flower advertising with their incredible marketing/pay-per-click budgets.

Even my usually super-upbeat and sunny partner Stephanie was down this morning after spending time at Joannes, watching women with 3 caret diamonds rings buying cartloads of Christmas wreaths/silks while clutching their 40% off coupons. The Big Box's just out-market the heck outta us little guys, and know their target audiences so well.

So much of the new direction of this industry is being driven by marketing, it seems to me, yet we all know the expense that creating a mass-media campaign creates. So many issues, so few easy answers...just gotta keep on keeping on...

Bloomz, you will see a lot higher PPC closer to Mday and VDAY. I think a lot of the times PF and 1800flowers do not make a profit at all and are more interested in gaining new customers, which in the long run is a good strategy.

Status
Not open for further replies.