Winter wonderland wedding theme

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flore

Apr 3, 2008
Southbury
State / Prov
CT
I have a bride that wants to do a winter wonderland theme for her wedding. She is jewish, so does not want it to feel Christmasy at all. The wedding is 12/26 (what was I thinking when I agreed???....)so I want to come up with something that is easy but dramatic, since we'll be doing this wedding along with all the other last minute holiday craziness. Her fiance works for Chanel, so they like classic and simple elegance.
Any ideas????

I'm thinking firstly how mad you are and secondly all white and crystal. Crystal trees for table centres, crystal t-lights. White with mega sparkle. Winter wonderland, wonderfully jewish as well. We do like sparkle. Keep the flowers to dramatic but I would choose just one type of flower rather than several types to give it the classic sophistication Chanel employee would love. The crystal trees could be made way in advance so this would really ease the pressure. Would hopefully save you working CHRISTMAS DAY.

I'm thinking firstly how mad you are and secondly all white and crystal. Crystal trees for table centres, crystal t-lights. White with mega sparkle. Winter wonderland, wonderfully jewish as well. We do like sparkle. Keep the flowers to dramatic but I would choose just one type of flower rather than several types to give it the classic sophistication Chanel employee would love. The crystal trees could be made way in advance so this would really ease the pressure. Would hopefully save you working CHRISTMAS DAY.
Absolutely...I totally agree on this look!

Reactions: Flore
I HATE to admit this, but Preston Bailey did the winter wonderland of all winter wonderlands with Melissa Rivers wedding...
check it out, do a google search.
He always says that that wedding made his career.

Lots and lots of candles! Rows and rows of votives everywhere they fit! Or hurricanes fitted with faux snow and a pillar candle.

If we were allowed to do open flame here, I would do a silver charger mounded with faux snow around different height white pillar candles, with gards sans leaves nestled in the snow. Number 2's if on a budget. And with more money you could fit a tall crystal tree in the center towering above everything if you so chose. (As long as it's tall enough to not get scorched.)

Does she have colors picked? Does she have a budget? Make sure you add in extra labor costs for holiday labor. Even though it is not her holiday, it probably is for you and your families. Don't forget trying to work around holiday shipping schedules.

My first instinct without a color palette or budget, what about white birch branches in a glass cyliner with blue or clear crystals? Easy and can be done weeks in advance. Use baby blue as an accent with ribbon bands or linens (winter and Jewish).

If she wants more floral, present her with a mix of high and low centers. For the low, do all lush white hydra rounded arrangements, no greens, possibly ice crystals in vase. If there is extra budget, add cym blooms and crystal stems. For the tall use the birch branches in a guilded silver or glitter and have them coming out of the hydrangeas as a base. If the budget fits, offer hanging orchids and crystals from the branches.

Dark blue table cloths and silver branches/crystals and candles. White flowers and snow would work in well with this scheme too.

White favor boxes with dark blue ribbon.

If you have the opportunity to coordinate with what the caterer is providing, like nice glasses....that would be sweet.

We used a winter wonderland theme for fundraiser I was involved in a few years ago and used saplings set in 8 gallon pails of Plaster of Paris. These were sprayed with a iridescent spray and a touch of fine glitter and set up in the corners of the room to look like groves of trees. Softly lit from underneath they looked spectacular. We had strings of mini lights under tulle around the perimeter of the room and strung fish line across the room and hung paper snowflakes cut out by school children. The total effect was magical!! About flower choices - I couldn't say.

Never said what flower I would use but for me white cymbidiums would be perfect. Readily available and long lasting. These could be added to the crystal trees in test tubes really quiclkly on site or just wired on. White cymbidiums are classic and showy. You could do all of the work well in advance with cymbidiums and not worry. You just need to think WINTER not CHRISTMAS big difference.

Just saw an amazing wedding with white ostrich feathers...and white boas woven throughout the bouquet...and that looked like airy snow to me...just an idea.

Reactions: Flore and Johan
Status
Not open for further replies.