Wire Services Are Buying Your Customer

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread has been wonderful!

I am celebrating at this moment as I have just removed the Bloomlink virus from my computer. It is uninstalled and history! Woohoo!

"let NO "bugs" survive!!"....and celebrate!!:drunk:

Dear Susan,
:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:FREEDOM............FREEDOM, I'll give you some green for that.
Hollywood :jester
:yourock::yourock::yourock::yourock::yourock:

Let them know at Once!

I'm a new member and find their database to be on the unorganized side. There are shops listed that no longer exist. One of them has been closed for at least 5 years. Some shops are listed twice.

Remember too that, IFA is operated by VOLUNTEER FLORISTS, none of whom get paid and unlike the DOT.CON CEOs with their MILLIONS coupled with their GOLDEN PARACHUTES on our dime.

I make it a point to call the shop and before I send the IFA order out to them just to make sure that, I have selected a FLORIST with a BRAIN.

When I hit upon an OLD LISTING where the shop has closed up shop, I move on to call the next florist.

After which, I send a GEN message to IFA HQ to let them know of the problem so that, they can remove any bad listings from their IFA database.

Besides, and since IFA membership is FREE or only $20 per month when you send your orders out through them, I can afford to make a few calls in advance to get it right, and put the extra cash I saved into MY COFFERS!

Remember too that, IFA is operated by VOLUTEER FLORISTS, none of whom get paid and unlike the DOT.CON CEOs with their MILLIONS coupled with their GOLDEN PARACHUTES on our dime.!

How is it your dime? You are not a dues paying member, anymore.

I make it a point to call the shop and before I send the IFA order out to them just to make sure that, I have selected a FLORIST with a BRAIN.!

How do you have that much time? Toto, I don't mean any disrespect, but that seems like a waste of time. What is your time worth?

joe

This thread has been wonderful!

I am celebrating at this moment as I have just removed the Bloomlink virus from my computer. It is uninstalled and history! Woohoo!

why is this a wonderful thread?

What have you learned that you didn't know before?

How is this thread going to generate more sales for your shop?

Reactions: 1 person
I Like Real Florists Joe!

How is it your dime? You are not a dues paying member, anymore.

OK JOE! YOUR DIME THEN!

Then again, I was a DUES PAYING MEMBER of FTDA from 1970 until 1994 and FTDI from 1994 until 2001. That's a total of 31 years of DOOs on my spreadsheet. Remember too that, out of those 31 years, we were FTD ONLY! for 20 of them.

And now, my DUES in IFA amounts to only $20.00 per month, a far cry from the $500 the FORE PROFIT Corporation was costing us.

How do you have that much time? Toto, I don't mean any disrespect, but that seems like a waste of time. What is your time worth?

We make the time Joe, or if not MEE, then my better half, the LOVELY LINDA, pre-qualifies the FILLING FLORIST. It's not a new gig for us Joe since, back in the day and pre FORD MERCURY CONSOLE, the first generation of order transmission devices, where you could only see ONE LINE AT A TIME, all of our WS orders were telephoned out.

Anyway, we CALL FIRST, verify we have a FLORIST WITH A BRAIN, and then send out the IFA order via their website in order to have the HARD COPY which we've grown to LOVE SO WELL!

We're just a SMALL MOM and POP SHOP Joe and not an order gatherer by any cents of the word. We continue to offer the OUTGOING feature as a $ERVICE to OUR CUSTOMERS who rely on us to get the job done right.

Lastly, I also happen to enjoy talking to my fellow REAL FLORISTS, compare our battle wounds, and have a laugh or two during the conversations, when we can. I also take the opportunity to give them the scoop on FC and FLORIST DETECTIVE at the same time.

I find it good therapy for all of us!

As to WHAT'S MY TIME WORTH? It's what I say it's worth Joe and not what any of the OGs, DOGs, NON-LOCAL PHONIES, or WSs tell FLORISTS, what it's worth!

Left up to any of them, FLORISTS shouldn't be charging for their LABOR and shouldn't be charging for their DELIVERY $ERVICE! Florists should just DOO IT for FREE and BE HAPPY TO GET ANY ORDER THEY CAN, even though those orders have been SKIMMED and RUN THROUGH THEIR PROFIT WRINGERS!

I do not know how much it is to join AFI, but I just checked their site out and the arrangements look like they are 50 years old. We use Flower Shop Network- I mostly like their designs and have yet to have a problem finding a shop to send to although we do have TF also. I am in the process of reviewing the value of TF and may be dropping them in the near future though. FSN is 80/20 they keep your cc on file and use it to take the 80% for the receiving florist and sends them a check. We have had them for three years along with the website (which we get alot of compliments on from our customers).

Status
Not open for further replies.