Wolvie Intro

Wolvie

Jul 7, 2010
London
State / Prov
ON
My name is Allan, and I've owned a flower shop since May 1st 2010. I'm new to the industry and am looking for any way I can learn new things and share my limited experiences with others.

I am a franchise store, the website for the chain is www.forestofflowers.com. I own the Wharncliffe/Commissioners location.

Hmmmm.... well first off, welcome to the FlowerChat Community.

I've been around a while, but never heard of Forest Of Flowers.... maybe some of my Canadian friends can enlighten me...

I find this page interesting for sure... http://www.forestofflowers.com/financialinvestment.php do they really get 7.5% ??

Enjoy your visit, and stick around...

Forest of Flowers has been trying to sell franchises in our area for some time now......."seems" a little odd, from a shop in the London area. I'd be curious to see what your "owners" sights are set on Allan??......

To Boss: Yeah, it's 5% royalty to the franchisor and 2.5% advertising fee....and from what I've seen so far it is worth it.
To lil_goldie: thanx, we have some great designers and they always create some great stuff.
To Mikey: The franchisor has 7 stores in the London area, 2 in Kitchener Waterloo (so far) and is looking to expand into other southern ontario markets. The distrib ution network he has set up for the chain is top notch, which will allow him to move into other markets with strong margins. As for me as an owner of 1 store, I'm planning to move the store across the street from our current location in about 6-8 weeks into a very busy plaza with a grocery store anchor and a Timmys...I know this will boost sales significantly, I'm estimating 30-50%.

The distribution network he has set up for the chain is top notch
Distribution of cut flowers? If so, is there a requirement to purchase stock from the franchiser?

Thanks for the info...

What I mean by distribution network is the back end of receiving the flowers from the growers in a timely manner, and especially the pricing that we receive based on the volume we're buying as a chain....and yes, it is required that I buy most of my stock from the suppliers that the franchisor uses, but I don't buy them from the franchisor and the rates I pay for my supply is the same as any of the corporate stores.

thx marie, good 2 b here. :)