Would you fix a competitors design?

Mark - you are a class act!
This is one of the nicest threads that I've read in a long time; what you did for that family will always stay with them. I hope they tell a thousand people about you!
Emily

Mark is no act, and a very proficient teacher!
It's irrelevant if the family tells everyone OR anyone, many of us would,have,and WILL do this, because many of us have BEEN THERE!

We had a funeral director call us to come fix flowers that had been brought from a neighboring state. Their were two memorial services planned for the deceased, one in Nebraska and one here in Iowa.

Apparently, the funeral director transporting the deceased in the hearse, along with the flowers stopped to visit a friend along the way - in the dead of summer.

And yes, she left the flowers in the hearse....in the heat...while she VISITED a friend!!

I was apalled, as was the funeral director. What's worse is that she even admitted it, like it was no big deal.

The flowers arrived shortly before the family was to arrive so we hightailed it up there with fresh product and fixed it.

It's always a great gesture to go out of your way for a customer....but I sometimes think it's even better to go out of your way in a major way for a Funeral Director because they, as we all know, have tremendous influence to send you lots of business.

We had a funeral director call us to come fix flowers that had been brought from a neighboring state. Their were two memorial services planned for the deceased, one in Nebraska and one here in Iowa.

Apparently, the funeral director transporting the deceased in the hearse, along with the flowers stopped to visit a friend along the way - in the dead of summer.

And yes, she left the flowers in the hearse....in the heat...while she VISITED a friend!!

I was apalled, as was the funeral director. What's worse is that she even admitted it, like it was no big deal.

The flowers arrived shortly before the family was to arrive so we hightailed it up there with fresh product and fixed it.

It's always a great gesture to go out of your way for a customer....but I sometimes think it's even better to go out of your way in a major way for a Funeral Director because they, as we all know, have tremendous influence to send you lots of business.

I'm sorry, this is off topic.

So.......this funeral director went visiting and left Grandma outside in the driveway. How utterly disrespectful to the deceased and the family. I surely do hope she was fired.

Mark,

Good for you. Of course I would do the fix. The only time I would hesitate is when it is Pro-Flor, and even that I would fix if the family showed up on my door-step, tears or not.

I would do it out of compassion, but the word of mouth advertising you will get from this debacle is priceless. Your competitor? Well, their word of mouth advertising will be priceless too, I would imagine.

Your reputation will be talked about for months by this family. You can't buy that kind of adveritising.

Reactions: BOSS
Your great, that was absolutely the right thing to do. I would also do the same. I think so many of the people on here would because we care about our business and people. and that's why we're here. other wise we wouldn't bother spending our time on here.

Reactions: anytimeflowers