wpm1812 Intro

wpm1812

Nov 12, 2009
Nanaimo
State / Prov
BC
The reason that my registration information is looking a litle empty is because I am in the domain industry and not in the floral industy .Not being in the floral business I was not sure if I would be able to post anything on this site so just to be sure that it would be OK I contacted Ryan Freeman and got his OK to register and see if it would be accepted. The name that I am working with is eflowerz.com and normally I have brokers that sell my names but this one I want to handle myself and that bought me here.This is a great name that if setup properly will generate a great deal of new business for the company or person that decides to run with it.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm unclear as to why you want to join the community. Sorry for being so dense.

Please explain what you hope to achieve by being here. Also, how will you be able to benefit the members here?

Thanks for taking the time.

V

Hi Victoria
I am sorry that it has taken me so long to reply to your thread, I have been away and this is the first time that I have logged on after joining. I sell domain names and when I joined the site I had several domain names that are applicable to the floral industry that I wanted to offer. I was just going through the site and I see several questions about domain names that I could help with but other than that I would not be able to offer much. However I am now thinking about using the names myself and starting something online and see where it takes me. I would then be much more involved.
Thanks
Bill

Reactions: Victoria
Hi Bill,

so.....you are thinking about using the names yourself....in what way? Are you thinking about starting an on-line florist? I've seen your ad in the Florist's Review, I thought it was web-site design.

I'm just curious, when you say then you would be more active, what are you hoping to get out of the forum? I don't see anything in your profile that would answer this.

Thank you,
Linda

Why was this applicant allowed to join, just to sell his florist domain names? Why not go to Ebay or Craiglist dude.

How many of you have gone to buy a domain name and seen that it had been scarfed up by a person just wanting to make fast money off our industry. Him throwing in that he might use the name, just so here could get in, is a farse. These are the people that get the "Our City" domains and screw with us.

With all the questions posted here, how did he get approved so quickly or at all?????

You folks know me, I'm not afraid to ask the hard question, so bring it on if you feel you must. This person has nothing to share with us.

Hi Linda
Thanks for the note,I will try to answer your questions. I don't think at this point I would try to start an online florist but more along the lines of an online directory or portal.I think that we can both agree at this point other than domain info I have nothing to contribute until I get going and as far as what I would like to get out of the forum I would be the same as anyone else just starting out,information and help. I joined the forum for one reason only and that was to sell a domain name and after seeing what was on the forum and seeing that flowers was the 47th most popular seach term on the web right behind travel and autos I decided to take it to another level.I was not aware that I had an add in Florist's Review and if posible could you please let me know what issue so I can see who put it there. It is not uncommon in the domain industry for that to happen. Anyway I hope to be up and running by the middle of Jan. if the SEO is done by then.
Thanks
Bill

You know I was 100% upfront and honest about what my intentions were before I even tryed to join this forum and did not apply until I had the ok to do so just to avoid situations like this.You say that everyone knows you but I don't know you and I would appreciate if you knew me before you sit there and shoot your mouth off and prejudge me and assume that I am only here to screw you. You are right there are people in the domain industry that are jerks and that does not mean we all are.It now appears like there are some jerks in the flower industry as well but not everyone.

Reactions: goldfish
Gee William, I just ran across your lovely reply to my post. I think you have proven yourself in your words to me.

You say you were preapproved that's not how the vetting process works on FC, perhaps you are confused about how it works. Don't know how you were voted in, but as Dragonfly (Thom) alluded to, it seems as if a lot of unrelated applicants are getting in lately (this is generally a forum for florist). You misquoted me, so if your going to quote me please do it accurately. I suppose I could say something like how dare you call me a jerk, but because you are clearly out of your element here, and you don't understand the process, and because it's Christmas I'm going to let that remark go.

By the way, Linda was trying to ask you the questions that we ask every applicant, sometimes there are as many as 10 members asking you to answer questions.

You really need to pull in on the attacking language toward members. Have a very Merry Christmas.

After reading this thread, I feel that this person should not be allowed to be a member on this forum any longer.
First, he is not a member of the floral industry at all.
Second, he is using rude and borderline abusive language to members who are simply questioning why he would want to join a board for professional florists and the like.

Sir,
the questions we are asking are not difficult ones.
If you are simply here to sell domain names, might I suggest doing some cold calling.
You won't be winning any friends on this forum by disrespecting those who are already established contributors to the discussions we have.

Although it looks like this member has been approved, my vote is no.

If you haven't voted you can certainly do it now. Just click on disapprove and this gentleman's rep will reflect your wishes.

Roysecity... well done.

V