Wreath Centerpiece

Status
Not open for further replies.

KTudor625

Mar 25, 2007
College Point
State / Prov
NY
I have a bride that is interested in spending $50 per centerpiece. She wants a wreath centerpiece with a vase in the middle with a floating candle. To keep cost down I wanted to know if anyone can come up with a creative way to do this. The oasis rings would bring her out of her budget. Any ideas on what I can use instead? Thanks in advance....

Kristin

Hi Kristin,
Do you have a supplier that provides mixed green garlands? I came up against a similar request - bought a bunch of 24-foot garlands, cut them in half and wired the ends together. I glued in some salal leaves to thicken them up and glued the flowers directly into the garland. If your wedding date is close to Christmas the mixed pine/cedar garlands work really well.
Emily

How about a grapevine wreath, add greens / fillers that can remain out of water. Add a 6" bubble bowl or 3x9 cylinder with a floater.

Or, make the arrangement as a standard round arrangement, using a standard container, and set the vase/bowl on top of the covered oasis center.

Sometimes you don't need a wreath base for the arrangement to appear wreath-like. Sometimes brides/customers don't understand what they're asking for, and she just wants a roundish design, with a central vase/candle.

depending on the style, if you are where you can harvest your own grapevine then insert a couple of small igloos into it structuring greens and or flowers around it they can be very pretty and relatively inexpensive....

Did these for a wedding some years ago.

Got a clear glass dinner plate at the Dollartree for $1.00
Got a bubble bowl at Dollartree for $1.00
cut a round piece of styro to raise the bubble bowl in the center.
Then just lay an oasis brick on the plate and cut it to create a hole in center for the styro. It took I think 2 and half bricks. Doesn't have to be neat cause it's covered with flowers.
I used the larger bottom fronds from LL. stems and small amount of tree tocover the oasis, added daisys (the short laterals) in white and BB to fill in. It was very bridal looking. and cheap.

You could do it for 50.00.

We did 40 tables, and the guest were hauling the centerpieces out like it was a fire sale. They loved them.

Hope this helps.

Great replies, thanks! Another wedding I did last year I used a lomey dish and placed the vase in the middle. I just need to get a smaller dish. I will take a look at the dollar store, great tip. Thanks again everyone...

One thing I have done in the past is to create a 'Water Garden' design. I take a large glass ming bowl........wind loose grapevine stems around the interior of the bowl taking care to not let the vine get into the center part of the bowl. Fill with water and insert various short stem blossoms and foliages into the grapevine and use floating candles in the center.

Try an 11" design tray. Cut 1 block of foam in half so the logo is left intact. Cut 1 of those pieces into 5 pieces through the logo. Glue the foam in the design tray along the outer edge, spaced evenly. Soak & design with 2 or 3 types of focal flowers (roses, fujis, hydrangeas, etc), a couple types of of filler flowers (buttons, asters, daisies, etc) and mixed foliage. I've done these for $45 thru $75.
album.php

album.php

album.php

I am going to use the design tray for these. Makes sense to me. Thanks for everyone's ideas.

Or, go to Trader Joes where they sell wreaths for dirt cheap and put a cylinder vase in the center with a floating candle. Rent the vase and you will make a profit. Some of thier wreathes are under 10.00 ea.

Status
Not open for further replies.