Not open for further replies.

mlou

Nov 27, 2003
Houston
ilocalflorist.com
State / Prov
Texas
OK, my turn to ask for help...

I have a florist that is a novice with web sites. Her used Yahoo pagebuilder to make her site. She is trying to do some SEO but having trouble.

The title on her homepage is <title>index</title> which hurts her SERPS.

Does anyone know how to change the title of the homepage (not the url) using the Yahoo pagebuilder?

I have never developed a Yahoo storefront...

Thanks,

mlou,

Forgive me for not knowing the terminology but is the title what appears at the top of a web page. If so she should be able to name her page whatever she likes. There should be a field to be filled out in her web builder called title or name.

It has been my experience that YahooStores did a good job in directing website builders in a direction which produce good search engine results.

Randy

Mlou,
Open Yahoo!PageBuilder. Go to her index page and right click on a blank place on the page. A gray menu bar will appear with a couple different options. Click on page properties and a menu will pop up. There are a few different options such as title, keywords, etc. Change the title to the name you wish and viola! done.

Hope this helps!
Heather :)

Thanks for the suggestions...

felicityflowers...using the gray menu bar, she was able to change the title on all her web pages except the index page. We finally gave up. She has sent a request to Yahoo for help...I'll keep you posted.

Has this florist consider using yahoo site builder instead of the page builder? Also they should be able to go to their control panel and click on file manager and then check the index page and choose edit html. There they can find there title meta tag and change it. Please feel free to pass along my contact info if the florist would like to talk to me over the phone. You can give them my website and there I have my email and phone number to contact me. I am usually in the afternoon but if they call before hand my employees can give me there contact info and I can call them as well.

Eric S said:
Has this florist consider using yahoo site builder instead of the page builder? Also they should be able to go to their control panel and click on file manager and then check the index page and choose edit html. There they can find there title meta tag and change it. Please feel free to pass along my contact info if the florist would like to talk to me over the phone. You can give them my website and there I have my email and phone number to contact me. I am usually in the afternoon but if they call before hand my employees can give me there contact info and I can call them as well.

Thanks Eric...I sent her your information.

Status
Not open for further replies.