Yodster Intro

Yodster

Jan 27, 2012
San diego
State / Prov
Ca
Hi. I just bought a flower kiosk and I have not yet opened. I am not experienced, and just wanted feedback on how the industry works. Great huh? No, on a professional note, I have always done arrangements for my home, and my kiosk will start out very much a serve yourself type of business, til I get maybe a class or two under my belt in formal arrangments. I am enrolled and ready to begin a semester at San Diego School of Flower design.

I am 41 and I have been mostly a stay at home mom for the past 11 years. I had the dream of opening a kiosk back when I was 22 & out of college, but marriage and my husbands career but the kibosh on that til now. :)

My google search brought me here, and I hope as I grow into florist, that my experience will be able to help others.

Jodi

Wow Jodi, welcome to flowerchat. You've bitten off a chunk, haven't you?

Good for you, following a dream is what got me into this mess ~ er ~ career 31 years ago. It's still my passion and I wouldn't trade it. There are literally thousands of years experience within this forum ~ we all support each other so any questions, just fire away!

Linda

Welcome Jodi, all the best with your new venture. I might suggest as you are very new to the industry, that a paid membership to this site would be well worth your while. There is not another place on the net that has gathered the best minds of floral retailing and design, and a paid membership would give you access to forums that would be extremely helpful. There is so much information here, and a wonderful group of people that share fun and fellowship and most importantly, the best knowledge of this industry. Enjoy the new business.
Melissa