You haven't heard the last of me......

on a similar yet unrelated topic, has ANYONE been through the telephone company "wringer".......I don't understand why we must fight wars overseas against terrorists, when we have them here, on our own soil!!
between wire services, telephone and cell companies, yp companies, and solicitations, I think we need OUR OWN version of "photon torpedoes"......

on a similar yet unrelated topic, has ANYONE been through the telephone company "wringer".......I don't understand why we must fight wars overseas against terrorists, when we have them here, on our own soil!!
between wire services, telephone and cell companies, yp companies, and solicitations, I think we need OUR OWN version of "photon torpedoes"......

tell me about the phone company! I am with primus.. asked for a review of my rates and best rate... ok bell is offering this its x amount less will you match it. NO.. can i talke to a supervisor please.. some how got lost in the transfer.. call back.. same thing.... supervisor says NO too.. OK how much notice do i ahve to give to stop being a primus customer.. 30 days.. OK thanks.....
call bell.. get all ready.. set it up for aug first with them.. call primus back now i'm told i need to give 60 days notice and a withdrawl from contract fee???? what fee? i'm am done my contract it was for 2 yrs.. auto renewal!!!! grrrrrr

tell me about the phone company! I am with primus.. asked for a review of my rates and best rate... ok bell is offering this its x amount less will you match it. NO.. can i talke to a supervisor please.. some how got lost in the transfer.. call back.. same thing.... supervisor says NO too.. OK how much notice do i ahve to give to stop being a primus customer.. 30 days.. OK thanks.....
call bell.. get all ready.. set it up for aug first with them.. call primus back now i'm told i need to give 60 days notice and a withdrawl from contract fee???? what fee? i'm am done my contract it was for 2 yrs.. auto renewal!!!! grrrrrr

I have had same problem with electricity company - they changed there 'give notice' date to stop them renewing our contract 3 times. I got stung last year but got out this year. I was waiting for a final bill. Had been waiting since June so I rang end of June to say can i have my final bill - yes we will get this issued for you. Last week I had still not heard anything so I contacted them again. I was told it had been issued. I told them I hadn't received it. I asked the man on the phone how much do I owe. You don't he said you are £105.00 in credit. I asked why hadn't my bank been credited for that. He said 'We don't credit until we are asked'. Absolutely typical if I hadn't have rung I they would have had a nice little pick up. Imagine how many other people may have forgotten about it. I had it happen with the telephone book. I had a dispute over some advertising that I had cancelled via a rep - He didn't bother to cancel the ad and the next thing i have a bill for £700.00 so I refused to pay it and it went through to a debt company so I reluctantly paid it as I had no proof and he had been sacked for doing this - but they still wanted there money. I then found out 2 years after this that I was £250.00 in credit with them. I only found this out as I did a small ad with them as they had changed how they worked. When I rang to pay the bill they said about the money. I asked did this include interest and would my ad be for free - no such look. Crooks the lot of them. You owe them and they hunt you down - they owe you and they disappear off the face of the earth.

Yes, Mikey we have had dealing with the YP/Verizon too! In a nutshell, previous owner owed them a bill. We have it in our buying contract that we are NOT responsible for any of his debt. One department of Verizon says yes we do NOT owe it and took it off of our bill. Sales department says we do owe it. Went on for about 2-3 years. They sent us to collections even though our own account was not only current but paid off early. We hired an attorney to no success.

We have reach a stalemate. They no longer call us and we haven't been in the Verizon YP at all for many, many years. Now owned by Frontier, still don't see any resolution. We absolutely will NOT pay for anything that isn't ours, period.