You haven't heard the last of me......

Flowerchatter03

Co-Owner and Floral Composer
Oct 14, 2007
Cross Lanes
www.crosslanesfloral.com
State / Prov
West Virginia
Some of you know that we cancelled out of Bloomnet last year. I contacted our rep in September and told her of our complete displeasure in their services to florists and wanted to know when the deadline was for terminating our relationship with them. She tells me November 12. We sent a certified letter to them in October as well as 6 other copies to different departments including the CEO, customer service, etc as well as e-mails to various departments and department heads.

We received our November statement in Dec for about $95 and paid it. We called multiple times from January through May asking for any final statement as well as something in writing stating that we are no longer with their company. We were told that since our account was closed, they couldn't access our information, they don't send out letters verifying termination, etc. We decided that that must be it.

But wait....low and behold what is this? We get a bill from them yesterday for about $350. No itemization, just the bill. Called them and ask what is this? They tell us that the deadline for cancelling our membership was November 12 BUT to get out of the directory, the deadline was in September. WTF????

They also claim that a bill was sent out earlier in the year and it was faxed to us. Even though we have asked numerous times over and over and over again for this information with no reply. We tell them that we need an itemized statement before we will pay ANYTHING.

The moral of this story is, be careful who you marry. The divorce can be quite messy.:hammer:

Do you have your December statement? If you do, look at it to see if there is anything on there about your notice to quit or about final amount due. Also, ask them for the copies of any attempts made to contact you, including Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, etc etc statements. Also ask them to give you a copy of the contract where you agreed to pay the $350. Just because they say you owe them money does not mean you do. Also, get a FINAL BILL, and make sure to copy your check if you do decide to pay.

But wait....low and behold what is this? We get a bill from them yesterday for about $350. No itemization, just the bill.
Heh.... me too, and I have not been in for a year or so... didn't waste the time calling them, wrote "I don't think so" on it and faxed it to them... have not heard a word... doubt that I will...

It took me years to get out of Bloomnet. They keep sending me bills for the selection guide. If anything they owed me at the end. I returned the selection guide and canceled about the same time. They turned me over to a collection agency. I finally got them to clear it up after I called and talked to Greg. I also spoke to Darrell Lake. I don't know if these people are still there but after I talked to Greg the bills stopped and I never got another call from them not even for an order or anything. It's been great.

When their rep was told that "Joanne" told us when the deadline was, she stated that they don't have a Joanne working for them. She had to eat her words when we gave her "Joannes' e-mail address. She was our rep at the time.

My business partner and I are fair people and IF we owe the money, then we will pay it. However, we don't blindly pay any bill without some itemization to back up what we are being charged for.

Those people are ridiculous and have severed our ties with them permanently. Just like when we got rid of FTD. FTD peeps keep stopping in here once every year or so. I don't care if they offer the sun, moon, and stars, we don't want it.

Their rep tried to tell us that it was for the directly from January through now!!! I don't think so..... I have a feeling that it might be their stupid new book. When we got an e-mail stating that they were going to be sending a new book, I sent an e-mail back and said DO NOT send us this book because we are cancelling. I even called them and told them. Then when we got the e-mail that it was being shipped, I called then also. When the book showed up, I refused it and called them as well as e-mail them again. It is like contacting a vortex.

Always, always ALLLWWAAAYS cancel your lovely relationship with ANY wire services with a certified letter which can only be received by their acknowledging it. This is what's needed to go through these insane steps to protect yourself, your business's credit and bank account. Certified mails provides the proof you did it in legal form. However, all wire services have deadlines for canceling so you are not forced into their next directory book. Read the mice print at the bottom of your contract. Your 30 day notice doesn't really mean squat if you missed that publishing deadline.

Then sit back and wait for the illusive rep to suddenly call and beg your continued membership which is usually followed up with FREE FREE FREE offers to keep you on board. if they were so nauseous to force you to leave 3 more months of free stuff isn't going to change their stripes. Take the free offers but still hold onto your need to rid your business of their unethical practices.

Does anyone remember that about a year or more ago, a bunch of former BL shops received bills for $800.00 out of the blue?

I don't think anyone paid them, and they all just went away.

This sounds like another of those throw it out and see what you get back tactics they employee.

Hey Pat, how ya doing? (besides this) Sure do miss our group.

When I cancelled Bloomnet last year I sent it registered mail and had no problems, within a month I had a final bill. FTD was much more painful to cancel.

As I stated previously, we did send our letter via certified mail, e-mail AND regular mail to the CEO, customer service, etc. And to date, no copy of any itemized bill. They have such a turnover, it is hard to tell who works there now! LOL To bad they didn't show this side of the company when Chris McCann was on Undercover Boss!!!

Hey C!! How are you??? I'm leaving for OKC on Saturday. I was the receipient of our TF unit for a scholarship so I am taking a class in European Design.

Two weeks later......... guess what? They sent us copies of statements (that were never sent to us before) from January - present. No December statement which is where all the itemizations are listed. Still no copy of this one. Spoke with one of their reps this week. She acknowledges that we were charged for the book. So....we tell you NOT to send the book in writing, you got the certified letter of our cancellation in October for the Nov 12 deadline, book is sent 2 weeks AFTER our cancellation (Nov 22nd), book refused, you got it back and you are still billing us for this book???? I don't think so.

Still waiting on that December statement that shows the itemizations which is what we asked for in the first place. Why would we care what Jan- present says since we cancelled last November? It's almost September. This is what it must feel like to get a divorce. Get it over already.

Then play the rules on them........since you have documentation that you did not want the book, refused the book, and they still sent it anyway.....remember the postal office rule. IF YOU RECIEVE SOMETHING IN THE MAIL THAT YOU DID NOT ORDER AND HAVE THE DOCUMENTATION TO SHOW THAT YOU DID NOT ORDER IT, IT IS YOURS TO KEEP.

Update: Apparently one of Bloomnet spies saw my post above from a couple of weeks ago. They had one of their reps call me last week. I told him that same thing that I wrote here....we want a copy of the December statement that itemizes the charges they claim that we owe. Well, guess what? Still no copy. Even called them a couple more times...still no copy.

I am so over this..........

Update: Apparently one of Bloomnet spies saw my post above from a couple of weeks ago. They had one of their reps call me last week. I told him that same thing that I wrote here....we want a copy of the December statement that itemizes the charges they claim that we owe. Well, guess what? Still no copy. Even called them a couple more times...still no copy.

I am so over this..........

A week later....any response from Bloomnet?

Funny you should ask...this week we finally got a copy of the Dec statement e-mailed to us. They are trying to bill us for the book that we refused as well as containers we never received. All in all I think we only owe them less than $60. We explained all this to them via e-mail and in writing. We will see what happens next.

I think I need a divorce attorney! LOL

Funny you should ask...this week we finally got a copy of the Dec statement e-mailed to us. They are trying to bill us for the book that we refused as well as containers we never received. All in all I think we only owe them less than $60. We explained all this to them via e-mail and in writing. We will see what happens next.

I think I need a divorce attorney! LOL

At least some forward motion then on the matter. Good luck in resolving it, promptly.

You know, if they would have just sent this information back in January this could have been taken care of months ago. We would have sent them their $58 and change back then.

We'll see.......