Status
Not open for further replies.

12BucksFor2Dozon

Apr 14, 2005
the Mind's I
www.usflowerhaus.com
State / Prov
FL
Yes I am knee deep in my osFlowerCart reprogramming and was wondering if I should put the effort in creating Spanish/French/German text along with English. Wouldn't someone just use the translate feature of Google if they wanted to order on a foreign website?

All the hooks are built in to automatically display translated text, but to be honest translating each bit of text is a large task...I ask thee, FC, is it worth it?

Why not use a phrasing system?

Let users create their own translations and have your cart plug in the text.

Ryan

Yes that is what I mean...all the cart text is already database driven, which means that adding languages is as simple as entering text into database fields. Users CAN enter personalized text into any field...I am just wondering if I should use bablefish to translate or would most shoppers translate using Google Translate...

Weigh your time vs your target market. You can always add it later if you get requests. If you were charging, then throw in ROI into that eqaution.

I always find it funny that an Open/Close sign has the Spanish word for Open and Close on it too, but important signs like STOP and YIELD on the roads do not. Hmmmm. Says a lot about capitalism and our real concern about adopting a second language in the US. lol

Zeal, the stop and yield sign can also be identified by their shape and color. Most road signs now carry symbols instead of words.

Just my .02

Status
Not open for further replies.