Bye Bye Flower Biz! Going on world tour with my band....

master J

Jan 8, 2005
Havertown - Philadelphia
www.belvedereflowers.com
State / Prov
pa
...............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Just kidding! This is just a shameless way for me to get you to open my thread to shamelessly promote my new rock band called SLEEPER.

Feel free to go to our Facebook bandpage and listen to the 4 new tracks we just recorded!

Please feel free to share with you friends and spread the word! Florists can rock too!!!

http://listn.to/sleeperband

PS- if we do get an offer, then yes, it will be bye bye flower biz!!! Oh, and hopefully Mark AKA BOSS, can come on tour and be our sound guy/ road manager!:scooter:

Hope you all dig it! Or not.......

I really liked them. "Goodbye for now" is my fav. of the 4. Kinda reminds me of the Doors. (yes i'm old)

Great comparison, so funny, we think that song sounds like the doors too, with a kick in the ass! LOL Thx! You are not old, We love classic rock n roll, the doors, the who, stones, bowie, etc, all are huge influences on us!

We also love alternative rock, everything from Pearl Jam, Janes Addiction, Incubus, Sublime, REM, etc etc.....thx for listening!

Reactions: KABERS
Can we all be ya "groupies" ??? Sounds great !!

Reactions: master J
Adam,

It won't surprise me if you get an offer, the vocals are tight and mixed pretty good too. Goodbye For Now was actually my favorite, too.

You, my friend, are talented! Keeping the meter on some of those would have shown me up for an amateur. Can't wait to hear more!

Adam, I still like to think I'm hip and update to date on music, especially indie and anything with a bit of funk, punk or just a great rhythm (Probably not true these days because I am getting older as much as I hate to believe it.) But I LOVED the music! I'm in Philly a few times a year. Hopefully one of those trips, I can coordinate to be there for a show (or at least to see your shop.) I'm following Sleeper on Facebook.

Video from the NYE gig - sound quality not brilliant but you get the idea.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/We-Bu...story_fbid=169772993066693&id=178730035493117

http://www.facebook.com/pages/We-Bu...story_fbid=191088840904836&id=178730035493117

They've only just started recording so no tunes yet. I saw the first gig last NYE and they rocked. Alas with a wee baby at home I can't support them as much as I'd like (meaning going to gigs). My mate (Kev) is being a bit quiet about it all (I only just discovered they were recording via facebook) - I think he doesn't want to jinx it as this is the first band he's been in that looks like it really has a shot. They list Muse as an influence, but I think they are bit harder/faster than that - alterna-rock would be the broad genre. They covered a Muse song which I thought was a bit ambitious but they pulled it off and did a great job.

My band Sleeper is playing Dobbs on South Street Philadelphia, Sat April 2nd at 11pm. I have a ton of florists coming to this show from Philly & NJ & NY, and staying overnight at Hotel, then going to the big DV Wholesale Florapolooza show on Sunday! Should be a rocking time and we will all be really hungover for Dv flower show on Sunday :)

So, if anyone in the Philly area wants to come hang with a bunch of hard partying florists, cmon down!!

Love the music! Sounds amazing!

Adam... no room on the couch?? Do you provide designated drivers?

Hey Y'all... check out his stuff... great sound.... and we'll all be able to say "I knew him when".... when they hit the BIG TIME~!

Adam... no room on the couch?? Do you provide designated drivers?

Hey Y'all... check out his stuff... great sound.... and we'll all be able to say "I knew him when".... when they hit the BIG TIME~!

Dude, you can crash on my couch anytime :) My fat cat will keep you company and sleep on your feet too! LOL

Reactions: BOSS