Announcement Florist 2.0 Web Sites - Version 3 is live!

theRKF

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2002
striderseo.com
State / Prov
DE
It's been a long time coming, but I'm really excited to announce that we're ready to open the doors on the 3rd edition of our Florist 2.0 web site platform.

Some of the highlights of the new platform:
  • New easier inline page editing
  • Native support for video and Flash
  • Improved (and improving!) checkout
  • Lower cost for custom design
  • Better SEO - better XML sitemaps, redirects, URL structures
  • Faster performance
  • More page-by-page control - title, description, URL
  • Version control to record all edits and versions of a page

Inline editing is just awesome - it's a whole different way to compose and manage a page. With the dozens of types of content blocks (text, audio, video, forms, surveys, comments, products & more) the options are unlimited. Here's a quick video from the demo site on how inline editing works:
[video=youtube;aDE1gXGOnXE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDE1gXGOnXE[/video]

I'll be back to most more info on the new features and the new pricing options soon!

Ryan.....words escape me. Let me just say that this version is WAY better than anything I've ever worked with before. Being able to manipulate the columns and side-bars in size is awesome! I especially love the fact that it is now visible, no guess-work anymore.

Thankyouthankyouthanyou!

Linda

whoops...did have one question. Will the blog still be wp or something else? Will content transfer or will I need to do that manually. I don't have any comments yet, but others may, will the comments transfer?
Thanks

You will have the option to keep the existing WP blog or to port the content to the new blog module. WP is more powerful, but not as integrated.

I'm glad you like what you've seen so far!

Reactions: anytimeflowers
Not looked at the video yet as on my way to work but is this going to cost more or is this just an upgrade??

I would like to keep my blog as learning too many new things just blows my mind...

Is there an update on the time line to being upgraded to V3?

We are working through the client list, as this upgrade needs to be done on a site by site basis. The good news is that the V3 platform allows for much faster and more reliable updating in the future - but for now, it's a slow process.

Believe me - no one wants this done more than I do :)