Help with Add-on Products

secretgarden

Mar 2, 2010
Decatur, Illinois, United States
www.secretgardendecatur.com
State / Prov
IL
I was wondering how to get the add-ons into the shopping cart at check out. For example I want to show a box of chocolate, a teddy bear, and balloons. How do I get those items to show up in the "cart" at the end of the sale after they have selected the product they want to buy.

If anyone knows it would be much appreciated, I'm tired of banging my head now :):treadonme

Lori,

So.......do you mean you want those items to show up as "Wait! Before you check out you might also be interested....."?

I don't have the new platform yet, I don't know if you do or not. Do you have a separate link for your back office? I you have a back office, then I think I can help. Those add-ons, as I understand it, will link with any of your flower items only, and don't show up on the check-out. To get them to show up with flower items, you need to check the box for each item you want to suggest. This gives you good control, especially for sympathy where you can offer script for an extra price, but you certainly would not want balloons to be suggested!

So. Walk through. Go to EACH flower item, scroll to the bottom of the page, and all of your add-ons show there. Then, just check each one you want to show up with that particular item and save changes.

hth

Hey Linda,
That is exactly what I am trying to do. I do have the new platform and kind of wishing I would have kept the old one. I have a box in the listing to check for add-ons and this one adds it to my "add-on" list. The box at the bottom I think is the one you are talking about, it does not show my products but that may be the difference in our versions. I checked that and still not seeing them in my product listing. I may be doing something wrong, so am going to play with it for a bit longer. Usually I figure it out and have no clue how or what I did, I just know it's done :)

Thanks for the info, I think we are on the right track!