No miracle, Nancy !:) i glued a rod into a stobe base that was drilled. i drilled all the stones i wanted. first i made just an armature with no twigs : you stack your first pile of stones then put a pipe , then another pile of stones. approxximately lhalf stones (from the bottom) i glued to each other and to the rod with epoxy glue (it makes it sturdier). and then......whenever you are ready just add some plant material. in this case it was tumble weed and bittersweet.... though i had a smaller piece that i did with flowers. in this case you may first wrap the rod with pipe with checken wire or metal cloth, adding either oasis or water tubes.

Clarify something for me......You started out with a metal rod glued into a drilled hole in a flat stone.....then you stacked the stones from there.....here is the question

Where there is the bittersweet and grapevine wrapping, is that hiding stones underneath? If not, then how do you create the spacing inbetween the stone layers?

Ricky? to create space in between grouppings of stones i put pipe of desired length. so underneath the parts with tumble weed and bitter sweet is only rod and pipe. on another version of this idea i did layers of flowers insted of tumvle weed. for that i used foam and chicken wire....... or .....you can easily add fresh flowers to the piece on a photo by simply hiding some water tubes.

Ok.....I got it now.....You attached the rod to the bottomost grouping of stones and then you drilled all the rocks from there and used a large pipe to support the weight of the rock layers.

no, Ricky..........not exactly....:) i attached rod to the base stone, than i put first of stones (all stones arre drilled the size just a bit bigger than a rod). than i put a piece of pipe for the first spot for vine. than i put a washer and a nut, than next group of stones, than pipe..... and so on............ you can't attach a rod just to the bottom group of stones, especially considering the size of top stones

Media information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
sklepikova
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media