13 things you should NEVER say to a Florist:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my there are bugs on the greens how dare yous send that to me"""
"Are they lined up like little soldiers on there"""??Spores,,,LOL

My dad, in the early stages of alzhiemers disease, vehemently explained that they we're sperm.

Brings quite a smile to us that we're here, to hear the conversation!!

Reactions: Patty and Connie
I love it when the point to a symetrical arrangement with 3 different types of flowers, 3 different foliages and say - "Is that a plant?"

Under my breath - yes it's a magical plant

As I struggle into my fire resistant jacket,I would like to add to the list . .
from another flower shop "Make it really nice, because its from one our of good customers." Of course, because I have no pride in my work - I will make it "nice" for your customer. What are they thinking?
Leah

Reactions: Toddxxx
from another flower shop "Make it really nice, because its from one our of good customers." Of course, because I have no pride in my work - I will make it "nice" for your customer. What are they thinking?
Leah

and when they add: they will be there to see it.

Leah

"and when they add: they will be there to see it. "(quote)

You know we are are probably a little guilty of this.:eek:face: My current favorite is "I am sorry to inflict my crazy PIA customer on you, however, I wanted to let you know that she will be at the FH." I actually appreciated the heads up. lol

You know we are are probably a little guilty of this.:eek:face: My current favorite is "I am sorry to inflict my crazy PIA customer on you, however, I wanted to let you know that she will be at the FH." I actually appreciated the heads up. lol[/quote]

Well, fair warning is different than a thinly veiled threat. IMO.
Leah

RWK got asked, "are you a flower shop that sells flowers," and I got to answer the phone to "Do you have sheet linoleum?" "No, sorry, we don't." "Well, aren't you a floorist?" Just busted out laughing. If they were putting me on, it was completely OK. That was three years ago, and I'm still laughing.

Customer "Do you have roses?" Yes
Customer "When did you get them?" Yesterday
Customer "Didn't you get any fresher today?" :spin

Customer "Do you have roses?" Yes
Customer "When did you get them?" Yesterday
Customer "Didn't you get any fresher today?" :spin

I always say we get fresh flowers in every day. I DON'T say it was roses and gerberas yesterday, carnations and orchids today...

It doesn't matter one bit to the customer that every good florist has a 2 day turn around on fresh product, they are not going to want to buy yesterdays flowers.

Status
Not open for further replies.