Announcement 800FL is being removed from NASDAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dior

Feb 20, 2009
Milford
State / Prov
CT
Just noticed on MSNBC.com, BARRON's and Motley Fool websites that NASDAQ evaluates its internet index annually in March, and they listed 14 companies they are giving the boot to, one of which is 18F.

If anyone cares...I don't.

Reactions: Dorothy
This is the 4th gloomy economic bit of news I've heard today. This one does'nt really affect us but the other three kinda depressed me.
One of my former employers closed his shop-nicest guy I ever worked for. The second, a girl that works for the company that owns our building has had her position eliminated. Third, the largest store in our mall, Pier One is closing. Today it seems to be really hitting home big time. Do I care about 1-800? No I don't care about them as a corporation, but I do care about any florists that will be hurt by it.

Just noticed on MSNBC.com, BARRON's and Motley Fool websites that NASDAQ evaluates its internet index annually in March, and they listed 14 companies they are giving the boot to, one of which is 18F.

If anyone cares...I don't.

Your statement is misleading...

1800flowers is being removed from the Nasdaq OMX Internet Index...This index (a weighted index) is designed to track the performance of the largest and most liquid US listed companies engaged in internet-related businesses...

They are not being delisted from the NASDAQ exchange...

The only effect should be that some "INSTITUTIONAL HOLDERS" (like TOCQUEVILLE ASSET MANAGEMENT) might sell some of their holdings.

Your statement is misleading...

1800flowers is being removed from the Nasdaq OMX Internet Index...This index (a weighted index) is designed to track the performance of the largest and most liquid US listed companies engaged in internet-related businesses...

They are not being delisted from the NASDAQ exchange...

The only effect should be that some "INSTITUTIONAL HOLDERS" (like TOCQUEVILLE ASSET MANAGEMENT) might sell some of their holdings.

If you don't mind me asking: This means what? Holding companies are selling off their "paper stock"? I'm so green, as in I don't know what the heck I'm talking about....

Reactions: 1 person
If you don't mind me asking: This means what? Holding companies are selling off their "paper stock"? I'm so green, as in I don't know what the heck I'm talking about....

Yes, they might sell some of the stock...
96% of 1800flowers' stock is owned by institutions and Mutual Funds...

Examples: (there are 85 institutions investing in 1800flowers)
Just to name two of them...
Tocqueville Asset Management owns 2,550,721 shares
Vanguard Group owns 1,457,072 shares

Status
Not open for further replies.